Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

queues are much worse when your not in one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So wheres these videos that Cock & Bull TV was raving about, all I get on youtube and Im subscribed is 43 sec clips, can we not have at least one set of tunes from a particular band or something. Sick of this bladdy blah and oooh! its so much fun! enough of that ****, can we have some seriously filmed live performances by any chance? Even when a TV station does film a music festival its usually just irritating snippets and annoying presenters, bar BBC and Glastonbury festival of course.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I didn't see any of the performances being recorded, so I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

A good few of them were recorded. They were just using DSLRs to do it so easily mistaken for just taking photos but they were definitely taking lots of video with them. A lot of the time with these things the artist has a veto on the finished product so it is possible they are waiting for clearance or they all got vetoed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    A good few of them were recorded. They were just using DSLRs to do it so easily mistaken for just taking photos but they were definitely taking lots of video with them. A lot of the time with these things the artist has a veto on the finished product so it is possible they are waiting for clearance or they all got vetoed.

I think i read on twitter that A Twin vetoed footage for this. I'll have a look now and see if i an find it. <- Must have dreamt that apologies.

cockandbulltv Cock & Bull TV
    We filmed 25 bands with 22 interviews in two days at @ForbiddenFFest including @theflaminglips @AphexTwin. 22 man crew - great work

Prob just editing it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 onelinedrawing

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the interest, were working really hard to make cock and bull the best place for live music.

I'm working crazy hours trying to get all this stuff together, At the moment we have 9 bands fully edited , were waiting on clearences from a lot of them at the moment, and trying to work to some sort of schedule that means we can expose some of the smaller bands alongside the bigger acts.

I 100% agree that I dont like just promo videos, but those two clips were just teasers of the event.

We've started rolling out videos today, and are hoping to have 2 bands out a day till were done. We had permission to film the last 10 minutes of Aphex Twin but Im still trying to wrap my head around what to make of all the footage.

If folks can thumbs up our vids, share them on their FB/blogs/twitter or like us on Facebook http://on.fb.me/lqgDlH its would go a long way towards getting us access to big bands and other festivals and towards getting us a faster computer to edit on.

So for today

Most folks probably missed these guys first thing on saturday, which is a shame, I really was won over by them, noisy, groovy and fun. Check out the page for more songs from these guys.

The inimitable Beardyman takes a breather with us on the grass, and chats to us about lovely horses. Were posting a portion from his set as we speak (taking a while to upload) so hold tight and youll get to relive his Limit to Your Love/Angel/Setting Sun/7 nation army mashup. You can also see twisted pepper beardyman footage on the site including his rendition of my lovely horse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The girl from cock n bull tv, is pretty pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shanesheridan

got this on facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5tKnkgj6M

they have 2 videos on their website of the festival. not really indepth coverage like cock n bull just general stuff really. i'm in it somewhere in day 1 towards the end

http://kildare.tv/kildaretv-shows/mojo/forbidden-fruit-festival-day-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

the sound at ham sandwich was dreadful.

Yay more Cock and Bull!

This morning's band is Land Lovers, who we cant wait to see at the popical all dayer! As usual there's bonus songs on the youtube channel.

Well be posting another band at 4... but who will it be?? wooooooo (is that mysterious enough?)

• Advertisement

Hurrah Im back, with my band of the festival Cast Of Cheers!

Absolutely blown away by them, and have been playing their album on repeat since.

More live footage on the youtube page, or find us on facebook either!

See yall tomorrow for more festival loveliness!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I made a wee video from of some footage I took on my wee camera that weekend, may as well post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

my band of the festival Cast Of Cheers!

I don't get it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

daveyeh wrote: »
    I don't get it.

It was their favourite band of festival

It was their favourite band of festival

Thats not what I didn't get.

I mean the kings of cheers or whatever they're called are a B.O.S.

Ah right my bad. what does B.O.S mean :confused:

Ah right my bad. what does B.O.S mean :confused:

Bag of ****

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭aas

Steady on, Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they're quite clearly called Cast of Cheers, as per the post before yours, but wow, get you, edgy!

aas wrote: »
    Steady on, Dave.

In my opinion, of course. :D

• Advertisement

Ah right well i thought they were deadly def a great way to end the festival since i just couldnt get into Aphex Twin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I agree with him didnt see them at FF but before in the button factory, thought they were terrible, dont understand the fuss at all

nm wrote: »
    I agree with him didnt see them at FF but before in the button factory, thought they were terrible, dont understand the fuss at all

they are terrible. they just know which media ar$e to lick. its all just all hype and bull$hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

my band of the festival Cast Of Cheers!

didn't see em at ff but looking forward to them live soon after listening to their album...even if they sound like foals....

Hi guys

Sorry for the lack of updates Ive been in hospital since friday so thats put a dampener on my ability to get stuff edited.

Hoping to get out soon and get back to posting the rest of the fest.

As for cast of cheers, their music isnt really what im into in general (im a folkie at heart) but I just thought it was a great show,and I have since gotten the album which I like a lot.

Bishop Tu Tu

Im finally out of hospital! And what better way to celebrate!

Anybody spot themselves in the vids???

We've just launched our brand new site over at www.cockandbulltv.com and have loads on our schedule for the next few months, including some super cool secret gigs, so if you like free gigs with great acts make sure your hooked up with out FB or twitter to be able to find out when and where those are happening

Im finally out of hospital! And what better way to celebrate!

Anybody spot themselves in the vids???

We've just launched our brand new site over at www.cockandbulltv.com and have loads on our schedule for the next few months, including some super cool secret gigs, so if you like free gigs with great acts make sure your hooked up with out FB or twitter to be able to find out when and where those are happening

Yo onlinedrawing when are you going to up the Aphex Twin bit?

• Advertisement

I couldnt afford a t shirt at the time on Sunday there, would love to buy one online if they are available, no joy so far through Google tho, I also wanted to buy one of these Aphex Twin t shirts as they are almost as hard to come by as actually seeing Aphex live. If anyone knows a link to the people who handled the merchandise it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement