Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when buying a house...

Options
  • 22-02-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

What additional charges should I expect?
    I know 1% of the value is stamp duty. Do I also have to pay something to the EA? What else should I have in mind?
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Tanya

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The seller pays the EA. Legal fees is the main one. Shop around for legal fees. Costs vary a lot. Legal fees quoted don't usually include VAT 21% or various searches which will add another few hundred.

If it's second hand you might want to get a surveyor to check it out which will cost around 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

Bigcheeze, thank you:)
    How much should I expect the legal fees to be (I understand they vary, but approx)?

tanyabond wrote: »
    Bigcheeze, thank you:)
    How much should I expect the legal fees to be (I understand they vary, but approx)?

It's been a few years since I bought a house. I think I paid 0.5% + VAT + search charges, land registry fees.

Thank you! What are the search charges? And how much would they account for approx.? And the registry fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Thank you! What are the search charges? And how much would they account for approx.? And the registry fees?

I paid my fee's last month and the total lawyer fees were €1450. On top of the the land registry and searches fee's were €500.

• Advertisement

Neacy69, thank you, are search and registry related to the property price? Or are they fixed? BTW what exactly is the search fee for?

Neacy69, thank you, are search and registry related to the property price? Or are they fixed? BTW what exactly is the search fee for?

Fixed. To make sure that the person selling you the property owns it and that there is planning permission for the property.

BIgcheeze, I see, that makes sense!

Advertisement