Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA accumulators

Options
  • 22-02-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,

New to the gambling but (like to think) I have good knowledge of the gaa matches, particularly the hurling.
    Will be 2 small accumulators of 3 or 4 teams and looking for the value.

One bet will be early in the week to try and get the value odds, with a second closer to the weekend as team news comes out that should be a little less risky.

I purposely did not bet on the first 2 rounds of national league as it tends to throw up lots of surprises every year, so I studied the form instead.

Starting with a bank of 20euro, I would like to hit the 100 mark over the next month with smaller stakes. Once I hopefully get to this mark I will review the stakes.

Bets for round 3 of football league:
    €3 at 26.91/1 accumulator

GAA Football Matches Wexford v Louth
    27-02-2011 14:30
    Match Betting
    Louth @ 13/8

Wexford have been hit with a number of retirements and have not really been tested thus far by Waterford and a poor enough Offaly outfit. Louth looked a good settled outfit against an improving Westmeath side, and providing they don't all go bananas if Fitzpatrick is successful in the election, I think 13/8 is a good price.

GAA Football Matches Limerick v Offaly
    Match Betting
    Offaly @ 13/8

However poor Offaly may have been the last day, Limerrick have had an atrocious start, playing Galvin at full forward they are struggling in a big way at the start of this league. Again this is a decent price for Offaly.

GAA Football Matches Tipperary v Westmeath
    Match Betting
    Westmeath @ 5/4

Finally Westmeath have managed not to lose a league game after God knows how long, and with this monkey off their back, they really owe Tipp a payback by now. They have good players, and while Im not overconfident, if they are ever going to win again, this may be it.

GAA Football Matches Galway v Mayo
    Match Betting
    Mayo @ 4/5

Mayo were robbed against Kerry and will be seething. Galway to suffer the backlash.

League probably not really settled yet, and I will try more orthodox results next time out.

Will probably be back on here with another €2 accumulator before the weekend once team news has filtered in Thursday and Friday.

All comments and debate welcome on this log, I hope it will be used as much for discussion on the games as it will on the bets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

my 2nd bet for this weekend.

While I think Dublin will do the business, its far from sure with Donaghy named at full forward, he could destroy Sean Murray. So Im leaving that one.

Match Betting
    Kildare @ 6/5

I dont rate Donegal that highly, Tyrone going very poorly and couldnt get at their defence, but I really rate Kildare, think they will cut out the supply to Murphy and their renowned fitness levels and aggressiveness may suffice. Donegal were good last week, but Kildare when they get it right are a class act.

GAA Football Matches Carlow v Clare
    Match Betting
    Clare @ 8/13

Carlow have had a desperate start. Clare had their shooting practice last week, and a really good run in the cup competition. Im confident in Clare here.

GAA Football Matches Cavan v Waterford
    Match Betting
    Cavan @ 4/9

I see both Cavan and Westmeath improving this year., based on experience of Cavan playing at this level, and it being a home game Il give them the nod here.

€2 Treble to return €10.26.

Embarrassingly small stakes, but the piggy bank is small!

GAA Hurling Matches Dublin v Kilkenny
    27-02-2011 14:00
    Match Betting
    Draw @ 11/1

€1

Dublin look like they are managing to cut out the goals, and have scored heavily so far. The last time I saw these 2 play in Leinster final, I was willing Dublin to give up the tactic of dropping a man back. With McCrabbe out, I think Daly may do this. Kilkenny at 1/4 on, but were very lucky to hold on against a Cork side playing a stupid short ball game in horrible conditions. KK backs just didnt seem to be as tight to their men as we are accustomed to, and if this trend shows up tomorrow, Dublin won't be hockeyed, not by a long shot. Eddie Brennan was on form last week as was Richie Hogan, and Dublin need to quieten these too.

This is a major game for the Dubs and they will go all guns blazing to give a good account of themselves. I think Daly is well on his way to figuring Cody out, it just depends on whether this group of players have it or not.

My 1st accumulator wins. Late drama everywhere!

Galway 0-12 2-14 Mayo, Tuam Stadium FT
    As expected

Limerick 1-12 2-10 Offaly, Newcastlewest FT
    Injury time goal steals it for Offaly

Tipperary 2-09 2-13 Westmeath, Thurles FT
    Late goal from Paul Greville.

Wexford 0-11 1-12 Louth, Wexford Park FT
    Just barely over the line here again!

Bet 2 loses, but came close..

Donegal 0-08 1-05 Kildare, Letterkenny FT
    Another last minute goal from Kildare. I was wrong about Donegal backs not being able to cope evidently

Carlow 1-11 1-10 Clare, Dr Cullen Park FT
    Clare had 2 men sent off again for 2nd game in a row, but could have held on.

Cavan 0-13 1-08 Waterford, Kingspan Breffni Park FT
    As expected

Bet 3

Walsh Cup final
    Dublin 2-17 2-13 Kilkenny, Parnell Park FT

(Draw) loses but came down to a goalmouth scramble as Kilkenny came back with the wind after being 13 points down at the break.Sounded like a humdinger..

Balance start of week 1 €20

Balance end of week 1 €97.73

Next week I will be betting 15% of my balance (around €15)
    Will be back Tuesday or Wednesday with my Value accumulator

GAA Hurling Matches Cork v Galway
    06-03-2011 14:30
    Match Betting
    Galway @ 11/8

PP has Cork as favourites to beat Kilkenny. Personally I think Galway are going to blow Cork away this weekend. Cork may have beaten the Cats, but so did Dublin last week.

GAA Hurling Matches Tipperary v Waterford
    05-03-2011 19:30
    Match Betting
    Tipperary @ 4/9

Waterford are missing a host of regulars, unless Davy is playing games with his teamsheet. Waterford experimenting, and Tipp urgently need to get going.

I'm tentative about putting too much on this weekend, as lots of good tight games in store.

Double 2.43/1, €15 to win. Potential returns 51.46

Current Balance €82.73

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange) 2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh) 3. Paul Curran (Mullinahone) Captain 4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields) 5. David Young (Toomevara) 6. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields) 7. John O'Keeffe (Clonoulty Rossmore) 8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh) 9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch) 10. Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons) 11. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney) 12. Patrick Maher (Lorrha & Dorrha) 13. Paul Kelly (Mullinahone) 14. Brian O'Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs) 15. Pa Bourke (Thurles Sarsfields)

Very strong Tipp side.not taking much chances against Davy there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

GAA Hurling Matches Cork v Galway
    06-03-2011 14:30
    Match Betting
    Galway @ 11/8

PP has Cork as favourites to beat Kilkenny. Personally I think Galway are going to blow Cork away this weekend. Cork may have beaten the Cats, but so did Dublin last week.

Did Kk not win by 1 point -vs- Cork?

Agreed on the Galway game, although I think it will be quite close.

sorry,a rushed post, hogan of course finished off cork, but was referring to the run cork put on kilkenny.people reckon kilkenny on a lot of heavy weight training this time of year as has been there custom for the past few years

Loses

Cork 1-20 1-17 Galway, Pairc Ui Chaoimh FT

Tipperary 1-20 0-18 Waterford, Thurles FT

Really disappointed by Galway, and by my own sloppiness here. A busy week and never checked up the Galway team, was going on form only.Didnt realise the extent of the injuries, but at the same time they had loads of quality to do the job. What annoyed me was taking farragher out of midfield and giving loads of acres of space to Cork in the first half. Then leaving lads on who had played a game the night before who were clearly knackered. John Lee full back couldnt stop fouling and Pat Horgan went to town.

Most irritating thing was that when they did hurl for 10 minutes they showed they were clearly the better side.

Doubts also about the Tipp management. A narrow victory against 13 men from an already depleted Waterford side doesnt bode well, I thought Tipp would be hungrier for a win. Didnt see this game, but it was reported that Tipp eased off anyway.

Dublin are the only team that seem to be really going well at the moment.

Will post up two bets on Friday and will do much better research this time. One a straight forward accumulator, and I think Il try a small handicap accumulator. Although better to pick the winners right first.

Starting balance €20
    End of week 2 €82.73

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Going to do the following acc this weekend myself.

Cork 2/5
    Tyrone 1/3
    Derry 8/13
    Dublin (football) 8/15
    Donegal 7/4
    Kildare 8/11
    Kilkenny (hurling) 4/7
    Dublin (hurling) 2/5
    Crossmaglen 8/15

€15 accum returns almost €1100 :cool:

GAA Football Matches Meath v Donegal
    13-03-2011 14:30
    Handicap Betting
    Donegal (+2.0) @ 4/5

Donegal very impressive at home last week, Meath missing a few and seem less settled. I fancy Donegal to win but heddging it by saying they'll be within 2 points. Never a big Donegal fan but I do like their manager.

GAA Hurling Matches Clare v Down
    13-03-2011 13:30
    Handicap Betting
    Down (+12.0) @ 5/6

Clares shooting has not impressed me thus far. If Down maintain their discipline (and thats a big if) Clare might not run away with it.

GAA Hurling Matches Wexford v Dublin
    Alternative Handicap
    Dublin (-4.0) @ 6/5

Wexford did well last week, but still not convinced by them. Dotsy is back and there is increased competition for players, and I think they'l win this, if they keep out the goals.

€10 returns €72.60

Bet 2

GAA Hurling Matches Limerick v Laois
    13-03-2011 14:45
    Match Betting
    Limerick @ 1/8

GAA Hurling Matches Wexford v Dublin
    Match Betting
    Dublin @ 2/5

GAA Hurling Matches Waterford v Cork
    Match Betting
    Cork @ 4/5

GAA Hurling Matches Kerry v Westmeath
    12-03-2011 14:30
    Match Betting
    Westmeath @ 4/5

€3 returns €15.30

All of these impressed me last week with their point taking.

• Advertisement

Bet 1 Loses
    Donegal and Dublin come through, but Down put up none of the resistance evvident against Limerick last week, and had 2 men sent off, leaving them no chance when they got the breeze in the second half

Bet 2 loses

limerick just win, dubs win well, cork lost by a point, poxy westmeath beaten by kerry, threw it away with frees.
    Balance €69.73.

Next week will be my week.all the leagues a lot clearer after today i reckon.

Fr Tierney wrote: »
    Going to do the following acc this weekend myself.

Cork 2/5
    Tyrone 1/3
    Derry 8/13
    Dublin (football) 8/15
    Donegal 7/4
    Kildare 8/11
    Kilkenny (hurling) 4/7
    Dublin (hurling) 2/5
    Crossmaglen 8/15

€15 accum returns almost €1100 :cool:

Hard luck man, you werent far off it, keep the faith. Some of Kilkennys forward play was just shocking today by their standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Had a 15€ accumulator on the GAA myself today ;

Dublin and Derry in the football performed for me but Cavan and Kildare let me down desopite bothe putting up big fights.

Ah well, better luck next time/

GAA Football Matches Armagh v Kerry
    20-03-2011 14:30
    Handicap Betting
    Kerry (-2.0) @ 11/10
    Gooch class last week and he could be due a few goals today. A tough assignment for them away from home though.

GAA Football Matches Dublin v Mayo
    Handicap Betting
    Mayo (+3.0) @ 11/10
    Dublin have a new goalie and a few changes in defense and look a little lightweight in the backs. The same could be said for mayos defense, but they have a very strong forward line out for this and while I think Dublin will win I dont expect them to be far off.

GAA Football Matches Kildare v Meath
    Handicap Betting
    Kildare (-2.0) @ 11/10
    This looks a good bet. Meath will improve but they were so bad last week, I think a win is too big a turnaround to expect.

GAA Football Matches Galway v Cork
    Handicap Betting
    Cork (-5.0) @ evens
    Cork were meant to be outstanding against Down. Galway have nothing to look to for inspiration as of yet.

GAA Football Matches Down v Monaghan
    19-03-2011 19:30
    Handicap Betting
    Down (-1.0) @ 10/11
    A tight match here, going with Down to get back to winning ways and keep hopes of aleague final alive, should Dublin get turned over tomorrow

€7 accumulator at €34.36/1, to return €247.52
    Balance €62.73

Down 1.16 Monaghan 0.11, decent start.Lets see what tomorrow brings, Mayo is my dodgiest one but they generally give Dublin a game.
    Other results were Derry 2-12 - Donegal 2-18 and Laois 0-11 - Tyrone 1-12.

Anyone starting to wonder if Donegal could do a job in Ulster this year, thats very impressive scoring for an Ulster clash.

Loses- Bad day out for me. Story of the weekend were much improved displays from both Meath and Galway, while Dub hysteria emerged for about about 20 minutes before heading off to the bar in Croker ad forgetting to come back!

GAA Football Matches Armagh v Kerry
    Handicap Betting
    Kerry (-2.0) @ 11/10
    Wins- Donaghy was meant to be very good

GAA Football Matches Dublin v Mayo
    Handicap Betting
    Mayo (+3.0) @ 11/10
    Loses- 2 rubbish defenses..

GAA Football Matches Kildare v Meath
    Handicap Betting
    Kildare (-2.0) @ 11/10
    Wins- Kildare by 2 (I think!- doesnt matter anyway)

GAA Football Matches Galway v Cork
    Handicap Betting
    Cork (-5.0) @ evens
    Lost.Fair play Galway, looks like Cork goalie made a great save to give them a 3 point win.

GAA Football Matches Down v Monaghan
    19-03-2011 19:30
    Handicap Betting
    Down (-1.0) @ 10/11
    This won last night

Balance €62.73.
    Gonna have one more crack at this next week with the handicap scoring, if not going back to straight wins, and get some sort of boost.

Bet 1: Dublin/ Offaly/ Limerick €4 @7.16/1

GAA Hurling Matches Dublin v Galway
    27-03-2011 14:30
    Match Betting
    Dublin @ 11/8
    Peter Kelly is most likely back in for Dublin- its their strongest team so far this year. Daire Plunkett, Dotsy and Keaney have been excellent. Tannion missing for Galway but Farragher a bigger loss as he seems to settle them. I really Galways chances this year, but this in Parnell Park and I think they are missing too many big names. If they win this im backing Galway for the all ireland!

GAA Hurling Matches Offaly v Wexford
    Handicap Betting
    Offaly (-1.0) @ 10/11
    Dooley is back in for Offaly.Thats about all the potential I can see, both teams have been miles off the pace so far. Wexford have saved face a bit since the Galway game, but Offaly are a decent home side (excluding their recent embarrassment of a prformance against Dublin

GAA Hurling Matches Carlow v Limerick
    Handicap Betting
    Limerick (-5.0) @ 4/5
    Everyone respects Carlow at this stage but I like Limerick with O mahoney at a full back and that half back line, Limerick will have learned loads from the laois game, and O Grady is the one man youd want to have when analysing those games.

Bet 2: Waterford/ Clare/ Laois €4 @6.7/1

GAA Hurling Matches Kilkenny v Waterford
    Handicap Betting
    Waterford (+4.0) @ 5/6
    I actually think Waterford could win this, dont think Maurice Shanahan is a major loss, and theyve really got their bite back against Cork. Now I know its in Nowlan park, but KK are just not firing without Shefflin. Could be a waterford upset.

GAA Hurling Matches Clare v Kerry
    26-03-2011 14:30
    Handicap Betting
    Clare (-10.0) @ 11/10

Clare have been dreadful in a few recent challenge matches, not that they werent scoring, but defense was porous, giving away heaps of frees. I think they will be fired up to contain kerry and wont be taken them too likely. Kerry arent arent a bad side at all, but clare need to get out of the bickering with refs and just focus on improving their team work. This promotion race could come down to scoring difference and clare will be eager to please sparrow on that front.

GAA Hurling Matches Down v Laois
    27-03-2011 13:30
    Handicap Betting
    Laois (-5.0) @ evens
    Laois minus 5 at evens is a mighty bet i reckon

GAA Hurling Matches Westmeath v Antrim
    Match Betting
    €1 Draw @ 11/1
    The 2 lowest scoring teams of the division, Antrim need to win to stay in touch, but must travel. Im leaving this one as I think it could be a hard one to call. Going for another separate draw.

Cork v Tipperary
    27th of Mar 2011 2:30 pm
    Match Betting
    €1 Draw @ 10/1

What can you say about cork and tipp?on corks plus side, they are at home to tipp, they have a brilliant full back line, but I just dont like the balance in the team with Kenny, Ben and a disintegrating Cussen in the full forward line.Also I thought Cork did their best work against Galway inthe first half because farragher was taken out of midfield.Also I dont think Horgan should have been dropped- Think this Cork team needs him.
    Which leads to tipps plusses, which are a more penetrating midfield, a more settled team overall. However they are without Maher and Eoin Kelly, huge losses.Corbett might be rusty.
    And of course both teams meet in first round in munster, so there may be an element of shadow boxing.
    I am going to call a draw on a separate bet. I just havent seen Tipp first hand this season, and so cant possibly have the full picture. Iv gone to see most teams at some stage or other.

Bet 1 Loses
    Had Offaly and Limerick, but Dubs leaked a late goal to lose by 3

Bet 2 Loses
    Had Clare, felt I was unlucky with Waterford bet but it didnt matter for anyone who saw the crazy Laois result- I couldnt believe that one!

Antrim won by 4 after a tight game.

But on the plus side..

Cork v Tipperary
    27th of Mar 2011 2:30 pm
    Match Betting
    €1 Draw @ 10/1
    Wins

So break even for the weekend basically..

Balance € 62.73 from original €20 balance.
    That was the toughest weekend to call.

What Iv learned so far..

1. Best leave putting bets on as late as possible (Friday/ Saturday).
    2. Do the write up before putting the bets on then, as its a great way of focusing the mind.
    3. Its going to be a great Hurling Championship this year with no outstanding candidates so far-There will be 7 managers still thinking that 2011 could be their year (Dublin, Galway, Cork, Tipp, Waterford, Kilkenny, and Limerick who still have to be seriously tested. Offaly, Wexford and Clare will be worried about their prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 danieljm

If they win this im backing Galway for the all ireland!

Lumping it all on galway after today???

great call with the cork and tip match, picked up on that one! :D

Would love to see Galway come through. They were poor again. Eanna Ryan, Donnellan and Callinan are going fairly well. Its all about Canning though. They will have plenty of scoring forwards around him. Its pushing on though they need a good few games with him back though. I still fancy them this year, but they do need him back very soon.

• Advertisement

Would love to see Galway come through. They were poor again. Eanna Ryan, Donnellan and Callinan are going fairly well. Its all about Canning though. They will have plenty of scoring forwards around him. Its pushing on though they need a good few games with him back though. I still fancy them this year, but they do need him back very soon.
    All Ireland SHC Outright 2011 Sunday 1st May 2011, 15:00
    Outright Betting

Tipperary 6/4
    Dublin 25/1
    Wexford 80/1
    Killkenny 13/8
    Limerick 33/1
    Antrim 250/1
    Galway 6/1
    Clare 50/1
    Laois 400/1
    Cork 10/1
    Offaly 66/1
    Carlow 1000/1
    Waterford 18/1

never got around to this this week, was too busy trying to make moola the hard way, and was away last 2 days. a blessing, cos I would have certainly backed clare to beat laois.as a clareman its bitterly disappointing, the signs were there with terrible indiscipline in defense, but I cant believe they lost.
    well done to the brogan brothers for turning out tonight for dublin after their grandfather passed away last night.fantastic Irish family and they deserve their final spot.Jim Brogan RIP

Advertisement