Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on themes/More prominent groups

Options
  • 22-02-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Not really sure where to post this, just some things I've thought of that the dev team may want to think about. Not important or concerning or revolutionizing, by any means! :p

Maybe it would be worthwhile to get a wider variety of Web 2.0 themes? No offense or anything, but a lot of the available themes aren't that great to look at and were made years ago. I've had to block a lot of it (such as the search box on the right, header bar, etc) using adblock to have it look more streamlined and easier to follow.

The beta menu bar is definitely a step in the right direction though, just stuck it on and quite like it so far.

Also, what about making a link to groups more prominently displayed? I think they have the potential to be useful and add more of a community feel, it's just that they're so hidden away people don't really bother with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

A revamp of the user interface is a high-priority item for us. It's a very big job though, so I'm not going to give any timeline for it happening.

As for the social groups, we have no plans for them yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement