Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mid-range build

Options
  • 22-02-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to put together a reasonably cheap build for a friend of mine. It'll mostly be used for basic tasks, with a bit of gaming thrown in every now and again.

OS, keyboard, mouse, and monitor are already sorted.

I intend to try to unlock the 4th cpu core, the monitor is 1920x1080 but I doubt any super demanding games are going to be run on it.

I've done a quick run through HWVS and came out with the following spec. Trying to keep it as far under €400 as possible including the €30 delivery charge. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

ybaQi.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

great design i doubt i'll be able to improve on that so you should just go for that =]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Looks fine, only thing I'd change is the PSU. The Super Flower Amazon 450W is back in stock in 2 days and only €3 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Yah, I have read that those low end corsair CXs aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Thanks guys, I didn't realise Corsair weren't up to scratch on the lower end of things; I've always bought their high end PSUs.
    Super Flower Amazon it is.

Advertisement