Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house insurance???

Options
  • 22-02-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi there, can anyone advise me?myself and my husband live in a cottage about 130 years old we have owned it for a little over 3 years now.the roof is made up of thatch , apotheoses and galvanised sheeting(i know i know):o last night some sheets blew off and the rain just ran straight into our living room,there is now water running down our walls and the whole house is a mess.my husband went up on the roof to have a look and it seems where the thatch is, underneath the sheeting, the rafters are rotting.does anyone know if we can claim off our home insurance to get the roof completely replaced?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

This is the 3rd time this week. *facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 soconfused.com

sorry??did i post this in the wrong place??:o

Nope. You couldn't have posted in a better forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

hi there, can anyone advise me?myself and my husband live in a cottage about 130 years old we have owned it for a little over 3 years now.the roof is made up of thatch , apotheoses and galvanised sheeting(i know i know):o last night some sheets blew off and the rain just ran straight into our living room,there is now water running down our walls and the whole house is a mess.my husband went up on the roof to have a look and it seems where the thatch is, underneath the sheeting, the rafters are rotting.does anyone know if we can claim off our home insurance to get the roof completely replaced?
    Hi, welcome to boards :)

The Feedback forum is for site feedback, not feedback on anything in general. You'll probably get the answer you want in the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum :)
    Tallon wrote: »
    Bravo
    D wrote: »
    This is the 3rd time this week. *facepalm*
    Cut her a bit of slack, will ya? First post on boards and you slag her off for posting in the wrong forum? Not cool. You were newbies once as well, and I'm sure you made plenty of mistakes.

• Advertisement

Not slagging, I'm assuming they're a spammer what with the URL username :rolleyes:

Could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 soconfused.com

Daemos wrote: »
    Hi, welcome to boards :)

The Feedback forum is for site feedback, not feedback on anything in general. You'll probably get the answer you want in the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum :)

Cut her a bit of slack, will ya? First post on boards and you slag her off for posting in the wrong forum? Not cool. You were newbies once as well, and I'm sure you made plenty of mistakes.

oh mortified!!thanks Daemos:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Tallon wrote: »
    Not slagging, I'm assuming they're a spammer what with the URL username :rolleyes:

Could be wrong though
    In that case I direct your attention here

Looks like this fad blissfully passed you by ;)

Daemos wrote: »
    In that case I direct your attention here

Looks like this fad blissfully passed you by ;)
    Facepalm.JPEG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

House insurance doesnt cover renovations ie, you need to replace the old rafters due to age, not due to any inconceivable accident

Check your policy but im pretty sure im 99.9% correct.

Your insurance may cover the rain damage, but they could of course use the fact that the rafters were rotten as an excuse that the house wasnt kept in decent repair.

Insurance companies enjoy finding new ways to screw people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Tallon, you're a bold boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement