Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Maps v865 available

Options
  • 22-02-2011 5:17pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

TomTom's latest map release v860 are no available
    Maps are available here *
    * Map updates are not yet available for Go 1000/1005 or via.

Any issues with these maps please post in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Any idea when the v865 maps will be availble for the Go 1000? Still on v850 maps here which are around 8 months old.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm still asking the same question..:(
    I would recommend as many people as possible open a ticket with customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

hiya KK, any news about map update :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Im told its on the way. But TT won't commit to a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Is there any point in going for a 1005 if they will not actively release the updates for them in line with their other models?

I'm debating getting a sat nav and was considering the 1005 device.

• Advertisement

They will eventually all be available at the same time.
    Once the issues with updates for navcore 10 are sorted maps will be available for all devices at the same time ..

did anyone get map updates for go1000/1005 live yet

Still not available...
    And before you ask.... Still no date...:o

did anyone get map updates for go1000/1005 live yet
    UPDATE:
    I am seeing some reports of users in Canada & Australia getting new maps as per the LMG .
    It appears this is been rolled out on a phased basis.
    Nothing over here as yet. Ill post when I know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Update on Tomtom support page about map update:
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12566/?locale=en_GB

Unfortunately still no update for me :(

• Advertisement

...well, thats not right,

TAGO LIVE 1000cross.gifTBGO LIVE 1000tick.gif

ta devices came as first, mean before tb but tb getting map update as first..really can't get it... TT taking p**s or what :)

From TomTom

Starting today, TomTom is rolling-out the release of a new map update on MyTomTom enabling customers to benefit from the Latest Map Guarantee (LMG).

All current users* of the TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series will benefit from the latest map available for free (version 8.65).

To check if the update is available for your device, please see this FAQ: www.tomtom.com/12566

More features will become available soon.

*All current users of TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series are eligible to get the new map - without timing restriction - through MyTomTom

KoolKid wrote: »
    From TomTom

Starting today, TomTom is rolling-out the release of a new map update on MyTomTom enabling customers to benefit from the Latest Map Guarantee (LMG).

All current users* of the TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series will benefit from the latest map available for free (version 8.65).

To check if the update is available for your device, please see this FAQ: www.tomtom.com/12566

More features will become available soon.

*All current users of TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series are eligible to get the new map - without timing restriction - through MyTomTom
    ..loads of bullsh1t, mate (text maked red) :)... I'm a current user and what ... can't get update because mine TT go live 1000's s/n starts TA ...
    looks like I was right, TT taking p**s of existing users, big time :)

The way I read that is they are saying all devices are eligible.
    But if may be a day or 2 before download is available.
    Maybe there are slight hardware differences between the devices & they are supplying them on a phased basis.

New maps available now for my GO 1000 TA device :) Will download when i get home, 3.6GB or so.

Updated Via and Go1005 this week.
    All good.

Not so lucky here, downloaded fine but my tom tom kept showing the device as not being connected, restarted the computer and it showed as connected and started installing. Just as it finished installing it said Something has gone wrong please contact tom tom support. No map on my gps at all now and my tom tom wants to download the full 3GB again. Will do it from my laptop rather than pc this time but very frustrating all the same.

update
    Turns out i dont need to download again on the pc, must still be in cache. However when it tries to install nothing happens on the Go 1000. Home says "Busy......Please Keep Your Device Connected" but nothing happening at all on the gps. Can try it on my laptop tomorrow i guess...

I have heard some instances similar.
    Do a 20 second reset on the device.
    In My TomTom clear the cache. Close MyTomtom and start again.

lol had the same issue but after 20sec restart installation went ok :)
    well, one question:
    menu>map view>options>show on map only traffic and names available to pick, poi's, favorites and sat images are grayed, won't mind sat images but pois and favs on map view are essential, does anyone having the same.
    cheers

That is on the 2D view. You can uncheck traffic and add the POIs etc.
    POIs will show on 3d navigation.

• Advertisement

No joy with me, still stuck with the No Maps screen after resetting. Have logged a call with Tom Tom and trying one more time in the meantime

Are you still offered the map when you connect?

Yep, last time i was offered both the 8.65 maps and the earlier version maps. Im downloading 865 again still another hour and a bit to go though.

Keep at it.
    I have heard cases it working on the 4th and 5th attempt.
    At least the unit's sent bricking anymore.

Failed again with 30 minutes left of the installation. Trying yet again but it has to download again, may end up going out the window shortly.

Came up with the same error message this time with 80 minutes to go. Rather than click OK on the message i disconnected and reconnected the cable and it let me select Europe for my maps. Checked the version and its 865! Bizarre.

I have heard similar. Also some cases where you get the error the map can not be used with this device. After the device reconnects it installs something else and then works.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That is on the 2D view. You can uncheck traffic and add the POIs etc.
    POIs will show on 3d navigation.

..so can't have traffic and poi's at the same time, strange

Only on view map screen. On live navigation screen you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Bought my Go1005Live and it updated to 8.65 the same day.

Only problem it Safety Cameras only worked for a few days and then

disappeared. From what I have seen on only forums Tom Tom appear to be

having a few problems.

Airuser

Advertisement