Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to stay in Dubrovnik?

• 22-02-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've booked flights to Dubrovnik for our 25th wedding anniversary in May. Has anybody been there and if so, can you advise on where to stay? I'd appreciate all advice on hotels, apartments, resorts etc. We're 50, not into nightclubs but are into pubs :) We usually go for the 3 star apartments. Thanks in advance.

maebee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Hi there,

We stayed this lovely apartment when I was in Dubrovnik in 2009. It was fully air-conditioned, had all mode cons and a beautiful view of the island of Lokrum.

It is located two minutes from the walled city gates and has a lovely Mexican and various different seafood restaurants on it's door step.

The apartment is run by an extremely friendly family, who offered us to have dinner with them and run us to the local market for fresh fruit etc. I would highly recommend this place and it I was every going back to Dubrovnik I would definitely stay there again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

Thanks for this Raekwon. It looks fab. I'm having difficulty in getting a price for the accommodation only. The link states "Please select your date of departure, departure airport & holiday duration" and gives a price of €1262, which is flights from Dublin + acc. The Casa Vanna is not listed on hotels.com or alpharooms. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Hey no worries. In regards to getting a price for accommodation only maybe you could get in contact with Croatia Tours themselves and see if they would book you accommodation only (or give you the contact details) for Casa Vanna.

When I booked this trip for myself and my girlfriend it was for accommodation, flights and transfers but unfortunately I don't have any contact details for Casa Vanna. But I'm sure they could do a deal just for accommodation and possibly flight transfers.

If they don't then there are lots of other options here. Either way best of luck and have a great time in beautiful Dubrovnik :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Just another option for you. We stayed just out of Dubrovnik in a little fishing village called Cavtat (pronounced savtat)

It is actually closer to Dubrovnik airport than Dubrovnik city.

We stayed in an Iberostar place, which is a full-board resorty kind of thing. But there's a decent selection of hotels in the area.

It is a sleepy village, with good restaurants, pubs and easy access to Dubrovnik via Ferry.

Thanks very much BW. I still haven't booked accommodation yet. I'll have a look at this in the next few days.

• Advertisement

Thanks again BW. I spent a few hours browsing and finally settled on:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/hr/apartments-dobrasin.html?aid=309842&label=postbooking_confemail

The main hotels were all very expensive. These apts got very good reviews and I think we got a bargain at €245 for the week. I'll let you know when we return.

maebee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Brilliant stuff. I hope it doesn't disappoint, or I'll feel guilty!

When I get some time I'll give you some more details.

Thanks bw. I'm sure it won't disappoint :)

Advertisement