Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weaning off Lyrica

Options
  • 22-02-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

not looking for medical help here, just other people's experience on this matter.

Has anyone been on high doses of Lyrica for a long time and been weaned off them?
    If so, did you get mad withdrawls/side effects?
    everytime I reduce the amount, I am gettin the shakes two days later, palpitations when trying to sleep, and nausea etc.

I've been on 600mg a day for the last 6 years, and I wont be fully off them till the end of March. (weaning off slowly)

Just wondering has anyone else had these awful withdrawls from Lyrica.
    ...I said it to my neurologist and his reply was "ah that's ok!" but he didnt say how long they would last or anything.

any experiences?
    E

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I was on a much higher does-but due to interaction with MS meds, had to change, it was reduced over a 3 month period, had no real side effects .Talk to your neurologist again, if you are having severe side effects it is NOT ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

As said above get back on to your neurologist, most people I know who come off any meds that have discontinuation symptoms does so over a set period of time with the person who prescribes them. If it is causing you a problem it sounds like you need to have another chat with the neurologist; why make things more difficult than they need to be.

Advertisement