Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TB change on my Astra - safe to drive?

• 22-02-2011 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I have bought a nice 2003 1.8 Astra Bertone.

I just have a question, the Timing Belt was done on it at 40k and it now has 86k. However a second timing belt has never been done on it although it has a full service history. So it is technically 6k over its change date.

I will be picking the car up tomorrow from near City West and taking it over to the Northside of the city.

I will be getting the belt changed ASAP but how safe would it be to drive in the meantime?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah it should be grand but make sure the belt is done. Risk it for a biscuit:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Thanks for reply, but: Danger averted!

Just read up, 03 Astra's upwards with the Z18XE engine have 60k TB intervals.

Sweet :)

Will still get it done for peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Also remember that it may have x miles to be changed but a belt at 6 or 7 years old they should be replaced regardless of miles as the material degrades over time.

Advertisement