Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographer ethics? Can you shoot yourself in the foot?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Ballyman wrote: »
    Because it helps drum up business. In some cases a lot of business

don't forget it really helps web searches as well if you are looking up a persons name on google you will find plenty of links to facebook.

its how I do all my stalking these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with wedding images taken by the photographer on a course or with a model in a studio from displaying this as part of his/her wares. It remains their personal work even if under instruction, but that said, photographers should be clear - I have one such image on my site. It is my work. It is also clear that the subject is a model. There is little ambiguity. I also have a bride in there which simply has her name.

I think the issue with using course or model shots in your portfolio - is not whether they are your work or not. The issue really is whether or not they represent what level of work you can produce during a wedding or other event.

Model or course shoots are almost always taken in a very controlled environment - the reality of a wedding day can be very different. So, if you are present those shots as being representative of what a bride can expect - then you better be able to produce the goods.

In relation to choosing a wedding photographer, one thing I always recommend to brides is that they view a number of complete weddings (either proofs or via albums) from a prospective photographer. That way they can get a good idea of what the photographer is actually capable of.

For someone starting out, obviously this is more difficult. But I think you need to be upfront about your experience and ability, and you price should reflect that.

Advertisement