Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about studying in NI or ROI...are you as qualified? (Primary Teaching)

• 22-02-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Okay so here's my predicament.....Points for college in Republic of Ireland are very high for primary school teaching ....I done my leaving certificate last year and got all honours but not enough points..so I'm resitting exams this year but I've looked into the possibility of studying in Northern Ireland..which is an option that I already have good enough grades for ..so I'm considering not redoing my exams and getting a job to get money for college...so my question is if you do primary school teaching in NI and do irish instead of doing it in ROI ..are you as qualified?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What exactly do you mean by 'do Irish'?
    Take it to degree level?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

you can do it as part of your degree in st.mary's and queens ...it's one of your two subjects in the degree like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

My aunt is a principal, has never hired anyone trained in England or the North...nothing against them but said she prefers people trained within this system...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

My aunt is a principal, has never hired anyone trained in England or the North...nothing against them but said she prefers people trained within this system...

thanks ..yea I've decided to stick it out for the rest of this year and hopefully get st.pats..thanks again:)

Advertisement