Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people mock each other on the internet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Your girlfriends cock is 6'8" when she's raping you every night.

nothing to do with the thread... :p
    on topic please :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is the because the elders of the Internet allow it to happen! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I don't know what the OP is talking about; I've never seen anybody mocked on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

niallam wrote: »
    Road rage is a bit different i think... I can stop my car and get out, people usually wish they hadnt blown their horn when someone 6'8" gets out of a car to them :D

I can't unfortunately appear from your computer screen to kick your ass if i wanted to if you slag me on the internet :D

But you won't ACTUALLY get out of the car, and people can just drive away, I mean I CAN technically just use a bit of social engineering to find who someone is on this, not that hard for most regular users, but I won't, so I will use passive agressive words to get back at them instead, just like beeping a horn alot and screaming from my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Something something thanks whores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

CorkMan wrote: »
    It seems every 2nd youtube video I see in the comments section someone is insulting another person. Sometimes every video it happens.

It never happens in real life, becuase if you called someone an a-hole or called his mother a tramp you'd get hit. (bar a big huge dude mocking a skinny fella.)

Shut up ya fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Dudess wrote: »
    Something something thanks whores.

You're welcome you who....I mean Miss Dudess...

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Because theres loads of hill billy americans posting ignorant comments on youtube. The average american youtube commenter is nearly as bad as Bush was at making America look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

depends on the online community in question, imo.

the community that post on youtube or torrent sites seem to be vile, loathsome little teenagers with little else to do with their time but argue.

found this quite funny:

community user profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

KylieWyley wrote: »
    depends on the online community in question, imo.

the community that post on youtube or torrent sites seem to be vile, loathsome little teenagers with little else to do with their time but argue.

I agree. But while it can be summed up as immaturity, age or scene ... can it really be?

Take some 13year old. He posts such jerkish comments to other people. Would he really say that to other people in life? .. no way. he would start fights. let take another grown adult doing the same. He wouldnt say that in real life too. Fights would happen.

Its not age, its not scene ... its just people hiding behind their keyboards. it even happens on boards.ie - its just here unless something is phrased a certain way it gets deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

It seems every 2nd youtube video I see in the comments section someone is insulting another person. Sometimes every video it happens.

It never happens in real life, becuase if you called someone an a-hole or called his mother a tramp you'd get hit. (bar a big huge dude mocking a skinny fella.)

Because they are either arrogant or insecure. I have in mind the stereotypical sarcastic nerd that makes the rude reply to a person but it is a spectrum of people nowadays since pretty much everybody has access to the internet.
    Anybody nasty to others on the internet is sad in my book if they attack people personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

"Mock" is such a bogger word. If you don't like being mocked stay off the interweb. Stick to what you know. Silly accents, Murphys and Coeliac disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

msg11 wrote: »
    It could take 2-3 hours to start a thread
    msg11 wrote: »
    retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Because people have all this built up anger and hate and can't take it out on anyone because they are so weak. so use the internet. they may also rant and rave because they have no friends who would listen to their sh!te in real life.

Are we the better for it in real life, do you reckon? Does the internet act as an escape valve for our anger or does it just create a pressure cooker scenario where we keep getting angrier and angrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Look at it this way, you can slag, mock, take the piss out of any nationality and any sex as much as you want using the most vulgar, racist language to do so without any repercussions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Look at it this way, you can slag, mock, take the piss out of any nationality and any sex as much as you want using the most vulgar, racist language to do so without any repercussions

not saying I do it but sometimes it can be entertaining to read

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

in some cases it maybe for the same reason people laugh at inappropriate incidents, because they are unable to confront the emotions that this elicits in them and use laughter to distance themselves from their discomfort. In other words it's always easier to ridicule others than examine your own shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

niallam wrote: »
    Road rage is a bit different i think... I can stop my car and get out, people usually wish they hadnt blown their horn when someone 6'8" gets out of a car to them :D
    Hey if I'm sitting in a car, I don't care what size ya are, you'd be a fool to get out.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

It's hilarious really. People click the 'like' button, see the number beside 'dislike', and think 'how can you not like this, you f#ckin TW@T!!'
    It's coz people are tw@ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

But you won't ACTUALLY get out of the car, and people can just drive away

90% of road rage is in city traffic where people cant drive away and YES i have gotten out of my car or van depending on what i'm driving so your wrong there.
    Johro wrote: »
    Hey if I'm sitting in a car, I don't care what size ya are, you'd be a fool to get out.:D

Why would i be a fool to get out? Do you carry your keyboard in the car??? :eek: lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

its about that time corkman. i am horny 4 u

Advertisement