Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Insurance Urgent

Options
  • 22-02-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

We booked our holiday in september and found out in November that I was pregnant the holiday for the 2 of us including insurance was 1700 euros. I notified the insurance company that I was pregnant and then the doctor told me 2 days before we were due to fly the doctor told me I couldn't fly due to hyperemesis gravidarum.
    The insurance company now won't pay out due to having been hospitalised for treatment for this condition in the end of november. Is there any way around this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

when did you take out insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rolodea

November I took it out throught ht e falcon agent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I am afraid to say that the vast majority of Travel insurance policiea don't cover curtailment for a condition that is pre-existing at the time of taking oit the insurance. This seems to apply in your case.

( Also, some also preclude any pregnancy-related conditions where pregnancy is known at time of booking. )

Either way, I think you are out of luck.

Advertisement