Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away from the parents for the first time?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Still living at home with the parents at the moment, seriously need to have my own space, the longer I live here the worse things are going to get and I can feel myself falling out with my parents.

Moving out will be a very big and scary step for me to be honest, I don't know where to even begin.

I'd be looking to rent somewhere in Dublin Sth, but I'm not working and I would say it's going to be hard to get by. I do receive a Fas allowance of €210 a week.

Can anyone give me any tips on where to begin, things to keep in mind.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Moving out will be a very big and scary step for me to be honest, I don't know where to even begin.
    Yeah. Buy your own food (for breakfast, lunch and dinner), and cook your own food. It may not seem like a big step, but if you've never lived away from home, it will be. Once you have that covered, realize that €210 a week = €840 a month. Minus the weekly shop. Minus any and all travel expenses.

And then see how much you have left.

Oh, and don't goto the pub. For an entire month. See how much you have left, and then check out how much places cost to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Maybe you start on a small scale, like looking for bargains in supermarkets or sharing an apartment with a friend who is in a similar situation.

There is always time to change when you have a job and more money ;)

Advertisement