Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert Stove

• 22-02-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭

I've just bought an insert stove and have only just realised I don't have a conventional fireplace, instead of a standard rectangular opening I have a canopy of sorts at the top which stands out from the fireplace making the open area much higher. My question is how do I block up the open area which will be directly above the stove?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mrslow wrote: »
    I've just bought an insert stove and have only just realised I don't have a conventional fireplace, instead of a standard rectangular opening I have a canopy of sorts at the top which stands out from the fireplace making the open area much higher. My question is how do I block up the open area which will be directly above the stove?

Thanks in advance.

You really need to post a few pics of the fireplace,if you want help,as we need to see what you are talking about here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

paddy147 wrote: »
    You really need to post a few pics of the fireplace,if you want help,as we need to see what you are talking about here.;)

Thanks Paddy, I've called in the professionals.

Advertisement