Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to Eircom - what a mistake

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Sales rep called to the house saying 8mb next gen boardband was available for my area. Told him I was with vodafone and not intrested in paying any more money. He advised if I dropped my free calls during the day then I could get 8mb with eircom for the same price. Told I would think about it and he should call back.
    Couple weeks later he did and finally put all my fears of moving back to eircom at rest, no pirate bay, no free calls during daytime but I do get superfast broadband. Stupid me I aggred and signed up.
    Thats when the trouble started - first phone line changed but no nextgen. Rang 1901 was told I had line sharing and no boradband with eircom and the "winback" department would give me a ring back in at most 2 days. Left it a week no call back so rang 1901 again. Got through to the "winback" dept my self and they advised I never ordered broadband, what a joke why would I move otherwise. Was told she couldn't put the order until tomorrow and she would ring me to let me know.
    1 week later again still no call back still no next gen. Rang 1901 asked for a supervisor was given the brush around and transferred to "winback" dept. Now told there was a tech fault and thats why no next gen. I said if I didn't get an answer I was moving back to vodafone. Was told supervisor would ring me back tomorrow.
    5 days later still no call back. Rang 1901 and was told my nextgen was active. Sounded good, no such luck. Went and did a speed test and found my broadband was now slower than the 3mb with vodafone!! what happened to my nextgen? Rang 1901 was told line couldn't take over 3mb but was next gen. The only reason I gave up free daytime calls was because I was told I could have 8mb and now I'm told can only have 3. Told the girl on the line that I was going back to vodafone and she couldn't really care.
    Customer service is a bit hot and cold depending who you're lucky enough to be connected to. Some are nice and pleasent some really couldn't care.
    Now obviously I'm going back to vodafone speed was about 60-70kb\s faster that eircoms nextgen and the only reason I move was because I was told by Eircom I could have 8mb. The amount of my time wasted making phone calls or wondering whats going on my god. And whats the winback dept. Not once did anyone offer me any advise or anything to convince me to stay with eircom. I'm not a happy camper.
    My only worry is the Eircom will expect me to pay cancellation fee's or anything like this. I didn't get what I was told I could have I only got a reduction in speed and less free calls....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi JWRyan

sorry to hear this.
    I cannot explain why you did not recieve a call back but if you would like me to investigate this matter for you and to clarify possible clarification fees PM me your tel no and will do my best.
    Agani my apologies that your time has been taken up in this manner.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JWRyan

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Number PM'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I think you should contact CS in Vodafone and get on to their techie dept. Ask them to do a test on your line. They will tell you what your line can take. In any case there is a free upgrade to 8mb for all Voda customers, that is if your line has the capacity. You can also walk away from Eircon, unless Tony can solve your problem, because they did not provide the service they promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

You can also walk away from Eircon, unless Tony can solve your problem, because they did not provide the service they promised.

i had a guy call during the week offering the same. and said if the nextgen did not work, you could leave the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JWRyan

Thanks scuby \ Kristopherus for the replies.

I am walking away and Tony is trying to make sure I don't have to pay any cancellation fee which seeing as I believe I was miss sold the product I shouldn't have to.

I must add that support from here is light years ahead of 1901 and Eircom should take note because 1901 can only be driving customers away.

A note for all, if a rep calls and promises 8mb make sure to ring and have the line tested before signing up. Unfortunatly I took the guy for granted and the rest is history...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 captain sidesaddle

Had virtually the exact same problems with eircom last October / November. To cut a very long story short, was promised 8MB broadband by a cold calling sales rep. Never went above 2.5. Numerous calls to 1901. Eircom tried to say they were not at fault , it was my equipment. they wanted me to pay a fee to break the contract even though they could'nt supply what I was paying for !!! Eventually went back to vodafone after going balistic like never before with Eircom. Will never go near them again. Everything about them is an absolute joke. Never any problems with Vodafone

Advertisement