Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Sony Alpha A200

• 22-02-2011 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Broke my fúcking A200... Smallest bang ever lifting it and the screen is gone

Can not tell you how upset I am :(:(

Anyone know where to get it fixed and how much?

It's just the LCD and not the outer screen

Sad Tal

img0659es.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0660fb.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Unlucky :(

I just recently sold on my semi busted A200 for a paltry €60. I made more or less my money back on the lenses though.

See zerohamster about a mend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Unlucky :(

I just recently sold on my semi busted A200 for a paltry €60. I made more or less my money back on the lenses though.

See zerohamster about a mend.
    You let it go for that low? I would have taken it with the knowledge of having spare parts :(

I got sick of posting it up on adverts, nobody wanted it. If you'd broken yours a few weeks back I'd have given it you for the same, you know that ;) Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

A new screen will only cost you about 40 yo-yo's off ebay. And I wouldnt imagine changing it would be that much work. You could always ask NothingMan about it. He's usually pretty good at fixing stuff like that. He's swapped screens on loads of people iPhones ipods ect.....

Hope ya get it sorted man.

I'd be well able to do it myeslf with the right equipment, but I could turn a few euro into no camera with a wrong screw :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Pop over to the Sony centre Tal, never harms asking them , might be cheap enough. Then again, it's out of production so they mighn't have spare parts for them unless they're identical to the newer models...

Good luck buddy... lemme know if you're stuck as I'm looking to upgrade my A200, perhaps we can work something out as I won't get much for it and maybe you could my screen to replace yours.

and Tal: Resist the lure of the Lego!!!

Totally forgot my best mate works in the Sony Centre :)

I'll txt him now

And thanks for the offer sNar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

If Sony service the camera and if they still do you will pay about €150ish because of their minimum charge.
    There are two types of LCD for the A200 one is made by Sony (sony printed on front side of LCD) and the other AUO (printed on the back) and they aren't interchangeable so just check the existing one when you have it opened up.
    Should be pretty simply to switch out if you are carefull with FPC connectors and wires on the back cover. Just make sure that you have all the screws out and it should come off without force but dont pull it as you can easily tear connectors.
    Do you have a good set of screwdrivers?
    Ive attatched the service page for the back cover on the A200 so it should point out the screws and connectors to watch out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Tallon wrote: »
    Totally forgot my best mate works in the Sony Centre :)

I'll txt him now

And thanks for the offer sNar :)

While you're there can you ask about a seized up Sony CZ 16-80 mm! :)

Just ground to a halt and will not move either in AF or MF. I'm wondering whether there are any fellow sufferers of this painful and immobilising condition.

There's an A100 with lens up on adverts now for €250. Latest offer - 210, I'd say you could have it for 230.

• Advertisement

I'm looking at a replacement screen on ebay and i comes to about €20

I can fit it myself no hassle, so lets see how I get on with that.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Tallon wrote: »
    I'm looking at a replacement screen on ebay and i comes to about €20

I can fit it myself no hassle, so lets see how I get on with that.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

I would avoid the cheapest ones as they are either scratched used parts or cheap copies and it usually ends with getting another one. make sure to check with the seller if they are used/genuine/"lightly scratched" or you might end up with a terrible screen as a replacement. (experience with phones and some P+S's)

I would avoid the cheapest ones as they are either scratched used parts or cheap copies and it usually ends with getting another one. make sure to check with the seller if they are used/genuine/"lightly scratched" or you might end up with a terrible screen as a replacement. (experience with phones and some P+S's)
    Ah yeah, I only buy cheap 'new' ones

I have bought many a LCD screen over the years and fitted them no problem

I got one for my mams phone and the ad said new, Got it in the post and it was scracted to bits, sent an angry email to which the guy replied "did you take the protective film off the screen?"

Yeah, I felt like an idiot :p

hehe, That also happened to me with my old phone a few years ago but thankfully I noticed the film in the end before I could send anything...lesson learnt :)

Good luck with it!

Well guys. after buying one on ebay for $50 and then getting an email a week later saying it wasn't in stock, the darn thing arrived this morning....

Just replaced it there myself and was mad easy!

Cheers guys..... off to the charger with me

Watch out Random Photo Thread :pac:

Advertisement