Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are the RDF still recruiting?

• 22-02-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36

Hi guys I'm new here, great to finally get on the site :) Anyway I'm going to cut to the chase here: I was just wondering are the RDF still recruiting because I'v been trying to join them for the past 2 years but I couldn't because of other commitments like college, sports, exams etc... I preferably want to join the infantry and I'v rang up all the barracks near me (I live in Clondalkin) like Mckee and Cathal Brugha but they both said they weren't recruiting anymore (or for the time being at least) I just want to know is there ANY barracks near me still taking people in? and if not when will they start recruiting again? because I just really, really want to join up. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated :)

cheers guys,

John.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

might be a trek but you could try A Coy, 65th Infantry Bn Swords Co.Dublin. I will check and see if we are still recruiting and update you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 62 Reserve Battalion

pk998 wrote: »
    I just want to know is there ANY barracks near me still taking people in? and if not when will they start recruiting again? because I just really, really want to join up. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated :)

At the moment, recruitment is a stop go affair. Most units will process your paperwork and place you on a waiting list until a place becomes available. This can vary from 6 months to a year or longer.

The trick is to find a unit that will process your paperwork. Ring the units, not the barracks.

Go to http://www.rdf.ie/maps/ for info on units that are near to you.

Advertisement