Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Rift Guild

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few people have suggested that they would like to start a boards.ie Rift Guild. A few friends and I will be making a Guardian Rift Guild from early access. We have quite the extensive experience with the game from leveling all the way to 50 and Tier 1 Expert dungeons.

We are, what I like to affectionately call, hardcore casual players. This means that we will play extensively pretty much every day until we reach level 50 and then begin Tier 1 Dungeons. At that point we will probably slack off a bit and play every day, enough to complete raiding content and probably play some other games on the side.

If we get enough people then we will gradually evolve into hardcore raiders with a solid core of players, but if we fail to gather enough players or to join a more successful guild then we will probably quit and go to play another game in a couple of months after reach level cap.

We have extensive experience with several games including raiding end-game WoW content at the forefront of every expansion. At present there are about 8-10 of us but we would be delighted to have more boardsies join us. If you are interested, please reply here with your intended main character. Hardcore raiders and casuals are welcome. at the very least you'll have a friendly, banter-filled leveling experience with some very knowledgeable players. At worst, you can leave the guild at level cap and join a more professional and mature guild with the experience and skills you've developed.

We have our own ventrilo server too.
    The server/faction selection are non-negotiable and have been made on the basis of our knowledge of the player base and the game mechanics.

Server Name: To Be Decided
    Faction: Guardian
    (Defiant will be horribly overcrowded and playing Guardian will result in <1 minute PvP queue times while playing Defiant will likely mean struggling to get into a Warfront in less than 30 minutes).
    Server Type: PvP.

If the majority of boardsies are interested in joining our proposed guild, then we can use this thread for discussions regarding the boards guild. If not, then I will edit my post and/or create a new thread for discussion of a seperate guild to be the Official Boards.ie Rift Guild.

Any questions, please ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Character Name: Nunca
    Character Race: Elf (Best Guardian racial imho and I prefer female elf looks <3)
    Role: Warrior Tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lorenzomedici

Character Name: Gragas
    Character Race: Dwarf
    Role: Cleric - Healer/Dps

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Character Name:Murrin
    Character Race: mathosian
    Role : dps/support

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Character Name: Gragas
    Character Race: Dwarf
    Role: Cleric - Healer/Dps

Ha Lorenzo stop playing LoL there's no barrels to throw in Rift :p

Character Name:Blandus/Ryder
    Character Race: Mathosian
    Role : Tank / DPS
    Favourite Soul: Paladin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

Character Name: Kirnan
    Role : Rogue - Tonk/Tunes/Deeps

• Advertisement

The server we've selected will be Whitefall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I look forward to seeing you all back in wow in a months time :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I look forward to seeing you all back in wow in a months time :D

lol Rev , get rift ,you know you want to :D

Bad news lads, it seems Rus Corp are heading to Whitefall :(
    These guys wrecked the AOC server i was on,no BS it was 90% russians and almost all in Rus Corp a few thousand members,it was a nightmare.
    They are rolling as Guardian too, oh the joy!

http://translate.google.ro/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://forum.rus-corp.ru/showthread.php%3F10788-RusCorp-%25E2-%25F0%25E5%25EB%25E8%25E7%25E5-Rifta%26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    lol Rev , get rift ,you know you want to :D

Ohh I know I want too, just like I wanted too for AoC, Aion, WAR, etc.
    No this time I shall wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Bad news lads, it seems Rus Corp are heading to Whitefall :(
    These guys wrecked the AOC server i was on,no BS it was 90% russians and almost all in Rus Corp a few thousand members,it was a nightmare.
    They are rolling as Guardian too, oh the joy!

http://translate.google.ro/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://forum.rus-corp.ru/showthread.php%3F10788-RusCorp-%25E2-%25F0%25E5%25EB%25E8%25E7%25E5-Rifta%26
    Nicky over 5 letters are very tiring and in any case will be reduced to the initial syllable, so think twice before they are called Pocahontas.
    For some reason this cracked me up :D:confused:

The ruskies have a sence of humour it seems :P
    Some polls on the official whitefall forum suggest Guardians will have 65-70% of the population, there goes the short warfront queue times for Guardians.

Its quite bizarre really, the russian community is going cloudborne but only RUScorp(who are D-bags) are going Whitefall.

However it does look like the Guardian faction will be greater in numbers if only going by forums but we all know forums are a small percentage of the playerbase and most players will instantly gravitate to Defiant imo.

I'm staying Whitefall and staying Guardian.

Well that makes things difficult doesn't it. Why can't their be a Russian server and make all us English speaking people happy.

Cloudborne is apparently the EU PvP server.
    Whitefall is the EN PvP server.

They'll probably add some more in a bit, but at this point it's too close to change. We're gathered on vent patiently awaiting the opening of the server. PM me for details or come join us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Ivan wrote: »
    Cloudborne is apparently the EU PvP server.
    Whitefall is the EN PvP server.

They'll probably add some more in a bit, but at this point it's too close to change. We're gathered on vent patiently awaiting the opening of the server. PM me for details or come join us. :)
    Auth server is up, though shards aren't :)

~3k log-in queue for Whitefall. Switched to Bloodiron Guardian. Message me for vent details. GOGOGO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Didn't preorder but I'll most probably buy it and join yous a couple of weeks in.

Ivan wrote: »
    ~3k log-in queue for Whitefall. Switched to Bloodiron Guardian. Message me for vent details. GOGOGO!

Ivan is that a perma change to Bloodiron?
    Hope to log on for first time later on.

Just checked Bloodiron and theres a 90 minute queue :(

Ivan is that a perma change to Bloodiron?
    Hope to log on for first time later on.

Just checked Bloodiron and theres a 90 minute queue :(

Yes Cloudborne got 10k queues and Whitefall had 3-5k queues, Bloodiron is solid so far and guild has amassed a considerable number.

• Advertisement

Yes Cloudborne got 10k queues and Whitefall had 3-5k queues, Bloodiron is solid so far and guild has amassed a considerable number.

Yeah i was on with you lads lastnight :)

Character Name: Efioanaes
    Role: Mage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Char Name: Taen
    Char Race: Human
    Char Class: Warrior / Paragon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

What did you call the guild?

Da Bounca wrote: »
    What did you call the guild?

DEMACIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I can't see Blood Iron in my server list?

did you opt for european or north american servers?
    sounds like u might have went north american maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    did you opt for european or north american servers?
    sounds like u might have went north american maybe?

how do you change it?

I don't remember opt for either

EDIT: the launcher is set to North America by default for me

im not quite sure to be honest how to change it
    maybe look at your account options
    all i do know is that you can roll on either server sets us and european.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Promac
    Mathosian
    Mage (stormcaller and stuff)

Would love a guild invite, cheers.

Advertisement