Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Rift Guild

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 darkwatersean

Character Name: Deadsight
    Character Race: Mathosian
    Character Calling: Rogue
    Character Primary Role: DPS (Marks / Range / Sab)
    Character Secondary Role: Healer??? (just made this role today) Bard / Ranger / ???

Gief invite please.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

the guild is no more m8,everybody left.:-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 darkwatersean

AAAAHHH BALLIX!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HowyeLads

So the guild is dead then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Sounds like the game is dead if everyone is gone. Why? I was thinking of trying Rift out but, I don't want to invest time playing it if it's losing players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kandor

Game is far from dead.. The are free server transfers so people are moving around trying to find the right fit so populations are up and down at the moment but that will settle down over the next few weeks. Great game not reached lvl cap yet but from what I hear there is plenty to do. It's funny how people see a few people leave and start screaming end of the world/game.. This will tie me over till star wars comes out and even after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    the guild is no more m8,everybody left.:-p

Were they all go?
    It just seems there is less buzz about Rift lately and now they are doing 50% off deals with a free 7 day trial. It's all a bit ominous.

Were they all go?
    It just seems there is less buzz about Rift lately and now they are doing 50% off deals with a free 7 day trial. It's all a bit ominous.

Ya there was 75% off on steam thursday but the thing about mmos is it's all about the subscriptions much like drugs the first go is to get you hooked. At the end of the day it's a game sure try the seven day trail after that you can leave it and can give about it from personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tibbers

The guild is dead because when all the guys leveled up and cleared some dungeons for gear, they decided it's not moving fast enough and simply left for other guilds. Very lame.

As for the game, the player base is big enough, there are new players joining all the time, but the amounts of people that left the game like me after the first month or so are incredible.

The game is about dungeon grind and PvP grind. There is nothing fun once you hit 50. Absolutely nothing fun. The only way of progressing in Rift is by doing dungeons and gearing up, then you have a choice, either continue with dungeons in your fascist guild or PvP as a lone wolf until you can buy PvP gear so you can grind even better.

Open world PvP does not exist, there are no places where you can go alone or with a few friends to kill some enemies of your own level. Open world PvP goes as far as getting ganked when you're leveling up, after 50, no such thing.

If you love MMORPG games, this is not for you. Rift is for casuals and 'gamer girls'. Combat is stupid easy, for all classes the rotation can be put in a couple of macros. The soul system is a lie. You can't play as you want, you have to follow the best builds there are or you wont be in a guild, never mind doing dungeons.

I'm playing Aion once again, but this time on european servers. The new update fixed all the faults people hated and the next 3.0 update will bring tons of new content (underwater cities :D). I'm sticking with that for now, it's a really fun game, and leveling up is an adventure + the production value is so much higher than rift.

Is Rift dead? Not yet, but will be.

Tibbers wrote: »
    The guild is dead because when all the guys leveled up and cleared some dungeons for gear, they decided it's not moving fast enough and simply left for other guilds. Very lame.

As for the game, the player base is big enough, there are new players joining all the time, but the amounts of people that left the game like me after the first month or so are incredible.

The game is about dungeon grind and PvP grind. There is nothing fun once you hit 50. Absolutely nothing fun. The only way of progressing in Rift is by doing dungeons and gearing up, then you have a choice, either continue with dungeons in your fascist guild or PvP as a lone wolf until you can buy PvP gear so you can grind even better.

Open world PvP does not exist, there are no places where you can go alone or with a few friends to kill some enemies of your own level. Open world PvP goes as far as getting ganked when you're leveling up, after 50, no such thing.

If you love MMORPG games, this is not for you. Rift is for casuals and 'gamer girls'. Combat is stupid easy, for all classes the rotation can be put in a couple of macros. The soul system is a lie. You can't play as you want, you have to follow the best builds there are or you wont be in a guild, never mind doing dungeons.

I'm playing Aion once again, but this time on european servers. The new update fixed all the faults people hated and the next 3.0 update will bring tons of new content (underwater cities :D). I'm sticking with that for now, it's a really fun game, and leveling up is an adventure + the production value is so much higher than rift.

Is Rift dead? Not yet, but will be.

I highly doubt the game will die....maybe in five years or more it will probably go F2play like most mmo's that end up going that way. I really enjoy the leveling experience so far and i love the random rifts that pop up and throw you into a massive battle and you join up with everyone its really fun.
    I think the macros are awesome whats the point of having to click 4 keys when i can fit more abilitys on my hotbar by using macros?
    There is no skill in remembering where the four keys are but i find by mixing around my macros for different situations i can be more stratigic in my attacks.

Anyway my opinion is probably worthless as i would consider myself a casual gamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Tibbers wrote: »

I take exception to this. The guild died simply because recruitment had stagnated. With 4 top guilds on the server at the time, all of whom had poached 90% of the hardcore players - meant that no guild was going to have the player base to raid. Our guild was no exception. Combined with the fact that I and the other founders started the game with friends and had every intention of playing in a group - meant that everybody else felt that they were being unfairly treated - because we weren't bringing them on 5-man runs; all of these factors combined meant that we felt it best to leave the guild. We still left it there as a boards casual guild - but casual, I ain't. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We all know what really killed the guild...it was a boards.ie guild. Physics state that no boards guild can survive more than a few weeks.

Duh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tibbers

Kandor wrote: »
    I highly doubt the game will die....maybe in five years or more it will probably go F2play like most mmo's that end up going that way. I really enjoy the leveling experience so far and i love the random rifts that pop up and throw you into a massive battle and you join up with everyone its really fun.
    I think the macros are awesome whats the point of having to click 4 keys when i can fit more abilitys on my hotbar by using macros?
    There is no skill in remembering where the four keys are but i find by mixing around my macros for different situations i can be more stratigic in my attacks.

Anyway my opinion is probably worthless as i would consider myself a casual gamer.

The game is not going to die anytime soon anyways, of course, I spent over 60 euro on the game, I really didn't want to stop playing, but well, the game is so bad.

Being able to have all of your rotations on macros means it requires absolutely zero skill. The whole game requires no skill. I was manipulating the auction house to my advantage like in every game I play. I figured out the best skill rotation in a couple of hours. You would think that different situations would require different strategies, well not in RIFT you don't.

The game is for elitists and casuals. Those who want to attain the best gear and prove their worth by how many dungeons they have done, these players are by no means good or hardcore, just enjoy having superiority over other pixelated avatars, and for those who just enjoy a few hours a week of mmorpg gaming.

Since the lore is utter crap, the combat is even worse, display of skill is down to learning the basics of combat, the game is not suitable for mmorpg game enthusiasts.

If you love mmorpg gaming, this is not for you. End of. Full stop.
    This is not a very uncommon opinion.

Advertisement