Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroyal gym Maynooth?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

What's it like?? Busy? would you have to queue for a machine? What's the pool like?
    The fee for a student to join is €440, and does that include the pool? In general, what's it like?! Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

its good. it has everything. if i am correct it is the only one with gym and pool. the univ pool is far away from univ gym.
    the fee includes pool and gym and i guess some classes too(not sure though). you can get a walking tour of the gym/pool when u go there for enquiry :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

They are doing a deal at the moment for 3 months at 100euros.
    I joined during the week at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I think its a great gym. I just joined for 3 months, 150 euro but i think students are 100 as another poster mentioned.
    There are 2 pools, an adult only and a family one, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room in both pools.
    Gym is very big, you rarely have to queue for any machines, there are about 20 running machines, 12-14 cross trainers and so on.

I would def recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

the 3 month €150 membership, is that one of those memberships where you can only use the gym at certain times or is it unlimited? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No, you have full use of everything at all times, no restrictions. Its same as normal membership but its only for 3 months.
    HTH:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

im happy with the gym. No limits on using it, no issues with waiting for machines (as others have said, your rarely waiting for a machine), and it also has the bonus that the vast majority of lessons (spin classes and so on) are included in that fee, as weel as your initial assesment and planning session. im not sure about after that, i never bothered doing another, since im gettting what i want out of my current one.

only classes you have to pay for i think are the parent toddler swim classes. though there are restrictions on signing up to classes (first come first served for 15 people)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DazzaMazza

We've taken out a family membership and are hapy with the place.
    The changing rooms need some work.
    The facilities are good and the pools are great but the temperature in them seems to have dropped lately.

My only negative is that the life guards rarely seem to be doing their job. I have seen them dossing in the office a lot and one guy fell asleep in his chair on a Sunday morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

i know about the lifeguard thing, just try not to drown! :P

Advertisement