Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure About A Psychic

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, my mother has invited a psychic to come up to our house tomorrow night along with a few relatives.

I, myself think that psychics are nonsense.

My head says their nonsense but my heart wants to believe them.
    I have decided that I want to have a reading done in order to prove to myself that there is no truth to it.

What I think psychics do is when they are invited to a house they are then able to look around the house, and profile the person living in the house.

For example, a lot of people keep pictures of people who have passed away in places like over the fireplace so the psychic would be able to profile that this person has passed away.

I have advised my mother to put away all the pictures of the people passed away in our house but keep pictures of the people still alive to try and catch the psychic out.

Aswell I have advised all the married people going to take off their wedding rings so then the psychic will not know whether or not they are married, and that there is a good chance they have children.

Also I have told my older cousin to wear an engagement ring to try and throw the psychic off course.

I would just like to know your views on psychics, and whether or not you think that psychics actually use profiling to try and con people or can they actually talk to the dead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kiwikid

let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Hi, my mother has invited a psychic to come up to our house tomorrow night along with a few relatives.

I have decided that I want to have a reading done in order to prove to myself that there is no truth to it.

What I think psychics do is when they are invited to a house they are then able to look around the house, and profile the person living in the house.

For example, a lot of people keep pictures of people who have passed away in places like over the fireplace so the psychic would be able to profile that this person has passed away.

I have advised my mother to put away all the pictures of the people passed away in our house but keep pictures of the people still alive to try and catch the psychic out.

Aswell I have advised all the married people going to take off their wedding rings so then the psychic will not know whether or not they are married, and that there is a good chance they have children.

Also I have told my older cousin to wear an engagement ring to try and throw the psychic off course.

I would just like to know your views on psychics, and whether or not you think that psychics actually use profiling to try and con people or can they actually talk to the dead.

Firstly i'd be relatively sceptical on this aswell but if, anyone see's an engagement ring (well women anyway) would comment that they're engaged.

so are you trying to make a show of the psychic or are ya trying to prove a point, because if ya wanted to prove it, would it not be a nicer thing to do, to just go visit one, in their own house, or where-ever it is that they work out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

dont waste your time or money then....you are either willing to give the person a fair go or your not, you seem to be hell bent on conning the "psychic" (ironic i know, considering most of them are con artists themselves)

id suggest you look at the reviews of the more renowned "psychics" on here and go to one of them on your own to see if it works for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

Well, time to report back. Last night, I went into the psychic, nervous as it was only my second time. I felt very comfortable in with him.

To start off, he asked me did I want to know about the present or the future, and I obviously said the future.

Not too sure how he started off but he said that my Granda was standing next to me in the room, and that he was showing the psychic a Garda uniform.

I was a small bit shocked at this as the last psychic I went to before this told me exactly the same thing.

And for the last couple of years I have been thinking about going for the Guards when I finish school.

Aswell, out of nowhere the psychic told me that my Granda was showing him a screen and he asked me was I thinking of getting a new laptop, which was correct as for the last couple of weeks my laptop has been sent away to get repaired and since of last week I was contemplating buying a new one instead.

Furthermore, the psychic asked me was I going away on a trip, and yet again he was correct as this Saturday I am going to Austria on a skiing trip, and the psychic told me to make sure that I bring enough money with me LOL.

Also, he told me that I was thinking of going travelling to the likes of Australia and New Zealand in the future, which I am.

He also talked about my Grandmother who is still alive.
    He said that I call over a lot to her, which I do and that she gives me and my cousin €50 for doing things to the house etc. which again, was correct.

He also said that he could see "L" plates over my head and as of last week I have started studying for my theory test.

He also said that I enjoy working with figures(accounting in school) and that I'm good with computers aswell(even though I have to get my laptop repaired LOL).

Aswell as all of this he also told me more private things which I would like to keep to myself obviously.

Anyway, to sum it all up... Before I went in last night, I must admit that I wasnt really a strong believer, my head told me not to believe it but my heart wanted to.

However, after going and hearing all the things that the psychic got right e.g. my laptop, the skiing trip, "L" plates, Garda uniform. I have changed my views and now am a believer in spirits.

My reason being how in the name of god could the psychic know that I was getting my laptop repaired, how could he have known I wanted to join the Guards and how could he have known about the skiing trip??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Who was this guy and where is he based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

river1 wrote: »
    Who was this guy and where is he based?
    Tom Flynn, he's from London but he told us that he spends half of the year over here and the other half in England. Both his parents are irish. He brought another man along with him to do the readings because there were 8 of us who got readings done. There was 2 other people arrived then to get a reading but Tom refused to saying that he was tired and that he wanted to be at his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Tom Flynn, he's from London but he told us that he spends half of the year over here and the other half in England. Both his parents are irish. He brought another man along with him to do the readings because there were 8 of us who got readings done. There was 2 other people arrived then to get a reading but Tom refused to saying that he was tired and that he wanted to be at his best.

He sounds pretty good. I went to a psychic before and was pretty convinced but completly forgot half of what she said by the time I came out (I was really nervous). The next time I went I was told I should stay in the relationship I was in at the time and I knew I couldn't. And I didn't and I'm much happier now... So I don't know. She also said other things which were true and did help a lot. So my experience is pretty mixed.

I'm glad you got something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

If one is unsure about psychic profession all together than it is better to don't give it a try even. If you believe than better first confirm the credibility of a person than take reading from him since you will pay your precious little money to him.

Advertisement