Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW DO I GET IRISH EPG ON UK BOX -NEED SETANTA

• 22-02-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I have an old PACE Sky + box with one feed and got setanta card on a 5 euro speical offer but cant get card to work in box, still get uk epg!! How do I get irish epg?? I only have the setanta card. I can get setanta on other channels but still wont work.

help

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Who gave you the card? Is it an Irish card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I have an old PACE Sky + box with one feed and got setanta card on a 5 euro speical offer but cant get card to work in box, still get uk epg!! How do I get irish epg?? I only have the setanta card. I can get setanta on other channels but still wont work.

help

gb--

phone setanta and ask them to pair the card with the box. i had the same reason to ring them recently and it sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Can you get RTE etc on these cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭swoofer

SETANTA sent me the card, I rang them twice but they dont seem to have a clue, they send the code and say it has been sent. Still wont work. I just rang SKY and they said I have to ring a SKY freesat no??? I rang number and got a foreign voice to say line was closed!!

So its a UK box that never had an irish card in it and maybe it will not work with just the setanta card. Setanta never asked me for box no or anything!!

GB--

No, at the moment I get an UK EPG so mabye it wont work as a stand alone setanta card so they just took my money!!

gb--

ps when i switched on and got card authorised I expected to see irish epg with blocked access to RTE etc. I only wnated the sports for the 3 months. And I have done quite a few power offs at wall, froced software download tp know avail.

• Advertisement

the guy i called setanta for has no rte, just the setanta channels. you can't get rte on this card anyway. just the 2 setanta channels. setanta should ask the box serial number, model, make and card number. you should offer them these details rather than wait for them to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the guy i called setanta for has no rte, just the setanta channels. you can't get rte on this card anyway. just the 2 setanta channels. setanta should ask the box serial number, model, make and card number. you should offer them these details rather than wait for them to ask.

i had the same problem, they forgot to pair the card and box even though said they sent the code

thanks all, got it sorted by telling them ie setanta that card had to be paired and had a good guy on phone, it took all of 2 mins so up and running.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

All you need is the card number & obviously be from Ireland. The card is not paired to any box, Setanta once activated will work on any Sky Box.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    All you need is the card number & obviously be from Ireland. The card is not paired to any box, Setanta once activated will work on any Sky Box.

not in my case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

not in my case

Have you tried the card in another box?

Advertisement