Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settings for a DVB to DIVX convert

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a file that I captured off-air using my AZBox Satellite receiver.

The file was a .ts file and when I FTP'ed the file off the AZBox onto my own PC, GOM was the only software that would play it. I think it may have been corrupted (AZBoxes are quite flaky). After trying various Codecs with VirtualDub, I discovered that GOM now have their own transcoding software.

Anyway, I'm trying to convert it to DIVX format. The native format that the AZBox recorded it at was 544 X 576, which I believe is a standard DVB resolution.

When I convert it and play it on winamp, it looks stretched and squashed. Usually a 544 X 576 DVB is shown with an aspect ratio of 16:9, so for the purposes of this conversion, what should my target resolution be?

Advertisement