Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorised dish

• 22-02-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

I am after putting up a 1m motorised dish. I can move it to astra east and hotbird east and sats near that but when i go far east or west i cant get a lock onto them with my motor.I tried ab2@8w but could not seem to get locked onto it and i thought that would be the highest sat in the arc for where i live, any help or suggestions, cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

I am after putting up a 1m motorised dish. I can move it to astra east and hotbird east and sats near that but when i go far east or west i cant get a lock onto them with my motor.I tried ab2@8w but could not seem to get locked onto it and i thought that would be the highest sat in the arc for where i live, any help or suggestions, cheers....

try 5 west and the motor will be set to 53 degrees unless the manual says otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

what process did you go through to set up the motorised system??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

i aligned the dish and motor in a straight line and motor set to zero degrees and 54 degrees on the lat scale. Then i sent the motor to astra 28 and tweeked it till i got a reception and then saved this position. I then moved the motor bit by bit with my rceiver until i got a strong signal on the next sat and then scanned that and saved that position, but cant seem to find too many sats after 7e, think i may not have the sat setup on the arc correctly. Am using a dreambox...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The articles on the link explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

yeah just read it will give it a try tomorrow, thanx

Advertisement