Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan or City Centre on a Monday night??

Options
  • 22-02-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm staying in the Brackencourt Hotel next Monday, in Balbriggan. Just wondering, is that far from the city? I wanted to go out for that night and check out some of the bars but not sure if it's worth it. According to godly google it's about 20 miles away from the city centre and I couldn't find out much more info.

Would I be better off popping out for a pint or twenty in Balbriggan? Will there be much on in town on a Monday night? Will buses be running?

Any info/help appreciated. Sorry for starting a new thread about it here but thought ye'd be the best help!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Train station is right around the corner... last train from Connolly is 23.20.

Stay away from De Bruns... There's a pub on the same street as the shopping mall (not sure what it's called, the street or the pub, think it's something like Harvest Moon) that I've had two recommendations off people living in Balbriggan. It's supposed to be good.

The bar in the hotel is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been in Balbriggan many a time and the pub just next to spar on the corner is nice spot forget the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Head over to Skerries. I'd recommend Blue Bar or Joe May's over by the harbour & Ollie's or Nealon's in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Thanks for the replies. So might as well stick around and have a few drinks in Balbriggan? Sounds good. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

As stated above avoid De Bruns. Personal recommendations would be the White Hart and the Central (also known as McCormacks and Fannings after their respective owners). Neither are gonna be mad busy on a Monday night though. The other poster that mentioned harvest moon meant the Harvest. Don't like it too much myself but sure, why not. All pubs within 2 mins walk of the hotel, and all on the main street (Dublin/Drogheda street).

• Advertisement
Advertisement