Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic basic mods €250

Options
  • 22-02-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

So i have a 1997 civic type r replica.
    I want some ideas on basic moding it.
    basically has noting done to it no tints no exhaust no intake.
    it has already nice set of rims,cd player,

Im looking for good things to buy for it within my price range and good dealers that sell them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What engine is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

So i have a 1997 civic type r replica.
    I want some ideas on basic moding it.
    basically has noting done to it no tints no exhaust no intake.
    it has already nice set of rims,cd player,

Im looking for good things to buy for it within my price range and good dealers that sell them.

Unless you have big plans for the car in the future, then don't bother with modifying it anymore than it being a replica, you simply won't make your money back*.

Surely it being a replica, it has full Type R lip kit and Recaro interior? I'd be more than happy at that if it is!

*before the high-horsies come in and go on about my other Civic, it's going to be a track car soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

Standard 1.4 engine

No just body thats type r.No lips doh and spoiler aint type r either.
    I know i want make any money back but im only plan on spending small money on it.

i want it to sound good but i dont want a huge exhaust on it and i dont no how and were to get this done?

and then id love angel eyes for it but there like €169 from a place in trim called mcg auto styling(no advertising intended)

Standard 1.4 engine

No just body thats type r.No lips doh and spoiler aint type r either.

How exactly is it a Type R replica without the lips and spoiler?

Well then its type r body.
    are grill or type r sumting haha
    Il post picture now in cuple mins so you can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

For 250 you could get the windows tinted, twould be where I'd spend my money anyway. Keep an eye on Adverts and other Moror Forum For Sale sections because you will find a few exhausts that would fit pop up every now and then.

Then once you have it either fit it yourself or go to a Mechanic to get it popped on. The likes of Kwik Fit generally don't fit parts that the customer supplies AFAIK but most Indy Mechanics will do it for you. Don't expect anything other than a noise change if you do change the exhaust though.

Get some pics up and we'll see exactly how it's a Type R rep :confused:

MCG Autostyling are good actually...get some 50/50 rear lights, instant change to the rear of the car!

Well i have a price of €100 for back 3 windows.

My friend has a back box for €20 quid but i thinks it will be to loud.

and my uncle owns car garage so his mechanics will surely do few small tings for me if it needs be.

If it were me I wouldn't bother with the backbox, it'll attract the wrong kind of attention. Maybe get the windows done and spend a few quid on lowering it a bit? Don't bother with performance mods as they won't do much

yeh thats what im kinda tinking the lines of.
    But were will i get lowering springs for my price range and how bad to they make the ride? or do they?

• Advertisement

yeh thats what im kinda tinking the lines of.
    But were will i get lowering springs for my price range and how bad to they make the ride? or do they?

Icetronix will lower your car 40mm or so for €120 as far as I know. It doesn't make too much of a difference to the ride quality to be totally honest.

Get your pics up too, interested in seeing how it's a Type R rep!

Ring around a few places and get prices. I use Urban Performance, try calling Ice Tronix and Tuning Factory also.

Here are pics just took them there in dark so lets see how they look:confused:

Well she has Type R lips and grill anyway!

Get rid of the banner on the windshield :pac:

Ah i knew it haha
    Are you serious i love the sun strip got it the other day but everyone hates it.

So checked prices in icetronix €139 for tenzo r 55m springs and €99 for fitting.

Oh and what type of fogs should i get? if i was to get

Ah i knew it haha
    Are you serious i love the sun strip got it the other day but everyone hates it.
    Sunstrip takes away from the car! :eek:
    So checked prices in icetronix €139 for tenzo r 55m springs and €99 for fitting.

They charged me €120 2 years ago on my EG Civic :confused:
    Oh and what type of fogs should i get? if i was to get

Square fogs are the only fogs that suit the pre-facelift EK's to be honest...I'll be getting my facelift ones for my EK soon though :D

Sunstrip takes away from the car! :eek:

They charged me €120 2 years ago on my EG Civic :confused:

Square fogs are the only fogs that suit the pre-facelift EK's to be honest...I'll be getting my facelift ones for my EK soon though :D
    Weres the best place to get the fogs and what am i asking for when i order them?
    do you think i should just go to mcg and tell them what im looking for and thel get them?

Weres the best place to get the fogs and what am i asking for when i order them?
    do you think i should just go to mcg and tell them what im looking for and thel get them?

Get yourself onto the facebook page for 32Tuning.com, he'll sort you out with Fogs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would put that money towards a set of Recaro's

BDJW wrote: »
    I would put that money towards a set of Recaro's

there so dear doh when u think about the rails and harness that you have to buy.

• Advertisement

there so dear doh when u think about the rails and harness that you have to buy.

You can get lucky and get EK rails with them...and you don't need harnesses.

Get yourself onto the facebook page for 32Tuning.com, he'll sort you out with Fogs ;)

Just went onto the webpage seems to be down when i go into exterior styling.

That's why I said facebook page...here...http://www.facebook.com/32tuning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Kev's page got hacked around Christmas and he hasn't sort the whole site out since

Recaro's have come down in price a lot. They will make a MASSIVE difference to the car. You don't need harnesses for them.
    And if they don't come with EK rails, but come with DC2 rails, they are very easily made to fit. 3 of the 4 holes line up, and you just need to drill a tiny hole in the 4th corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Personally id start with the free(ish) mods ;) remove the banner and oven bake the lights and do the DIY EK9 light job, it totally transforms the front end ;) plus its really cheap and easy to do.

Next i would get my hands on a secondhand set of recaros, personally id stay away from Type R red ones, EVO ones are dirt cheap at the minute.you should get a set for the money you have.

Next i would buy a good quality Axle back exhaust, you will be suprised what you can get , i got a spoon street for 70euro , even a standard EK9 exhaust will give you a nice change in not without attracting the wrong attention

Last thing get yourself over to EK9.org theres lots of info over there for everything EK ;)

Did you buy that EK from a lad on DTD??

Ah Recaros are still very pricey. You'd be looking at a good 500 quid for a clean second had pair

Edit: the Evo ones are a fair bit cheaper alright. Lovely seat too

Ah Recaros are still very pricey. You'd be looking at a good 500 quid for a clean second had pair

I've seen them as low as 250 a pair for Evo and Supra Recaros...not only Type R Honda's have Recaros ;) :P

That's why I said facebook page...here...http://www.facebook.com/32tuning

what do i ask him for? like what do i tell him about my car or does that matter

Just say you're looking for foglights for a pre-facelift EK Civic, tell him Nick sent you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

tell him you want prefacelift fogs, he prob has two sets if so id go with the DEPO ones they are glass and very well made ;)

heres the DEPO ones on mine

IMAG0065.jpg

Advertisement