Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic basic mods €250

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ah Recaros are still very pricey. You'd be looking at a good 500 quid for a clean second had pair

You can pick up clean pairs for 400 euro these days, or even 350 if you look hard enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

BDJW wrote: »
    You can pick up clean pairs for 400 euro these days, or even 350 if you look hard enough :D

even lower if you stay away from OEM "R" seats like the EVOs seen mint ones go for 250 for full interior

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

BDJW wrote: »

I found two Recaros from a Supra...completely mint condition in a crashed Supra in Cork...unfortunately I didn't have the cash on me but...€200 for them!

Also...€300 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

projectgtr wrote: »
    tell him you want prefacelift fogs, he prob has two sets if so id go with the DEPO ones they are glass and very well made ;)

heres the DEPO ones on mine

IMAG0065.jpg
    Just say you're looking for foglights for a pre-facelift EK Civic, tell him Nick sent you ;)

Sent him pm there to his sales email.
    How much did u spend on the fogs?

I think ProjectGTR's came with his car from Japan...can't quite remember (Correct me please Anto :P)

I'll be spending around €120 I think for mine from Kev (32Tuning).

• Advertisement

I think ProjectGTR's came with his car from Japan...can't quite remember (Correct me please Anto :P)

I'll be spending around €120 I think for mine from Kev (32Tuning).

Wow that much? could i not go to like red power motorsport in ballycullen i think there like €40 or are they just crap.

He has a stall in fairyhouse market and sells lods of stuff. you can get pair recaros off himm for €420 with harness

Wow that much? could i not go to like red power motorsport in ballycullen i think there like €40 or are they just crap.

He has a stall in fairyhouse market and sells lods of stuff. you can get pair recaros off himm for €420 with harness

I bought my car off him...and proceeded to rip out everything he put in it except the carbon fiber bits!

The only stuff I'd buy off him are his carbon fiber pieces and exhaust parts too...the Recaro's are also fake...very fake ;)

Kev emailed me back depo fogs €140
    and lowering springs from €150 he said hel make a list of posible ones i could get.?

What do yous tink about the fogs?

Kev emailed me back depo fogs €140
    and lowering springs from €150 he said hel make a list of posible ones i could get.?

What do yous tink about the fogs?

Grand price for fogs in all fairness...and the springs are grand too...you'll get a better brand than Icetronix give (Tenzo R), that's for sure!

Did he say anything to you about fitting or...?

I found two Recaros from a Supra...completely mint condition in a crashed Supra in Cork...unfortunately I didn't have the cash on me but...€200 for them!

Also...€300 ;)
    think their sold ;)
    Got them as a present , but they are DEPO the exact ones Kev in 32tuning sells, it think they are around the 140 mark, so you could get the fogs and re-spray your headlights this would totally change your front end, then you still have a few quid to get a decent axle back ;)

• Advertisement

Only showing the price man ^ :pac:

I bought my car off him...and proceeded to rip out everything he put in it except the carbon fiber bits!

The only stuff I'd buy off him are his carbon fiber pieces and exhaust parts too...the Recaro's are also fake...very fake ;)

I thought they would be since hes like Chinese or Japanese not being racist at all.
    he has a whole exahust system for €250

I thought they would be since hes like Chinese or Japanese not being racist at all.
    he has a whole exahust system for €250

That whole system is perfect actually...but it's a 2.5 inch diameter, which will do you no favours at all ;)

I have that exact exhaust system...well...two of them, sitting in my shed :P

read up on the fogs, either get OEM or DEPO i wouldnt touch anything else tbh

read up on the fogs, either get OEM or DEPO i wouldnt touch anything else tbh

By OEM he means Stanley...don't go asking Honda though, their prices are extortion!

Grand price for fogs in all fairness...and the springs are grand too...you'll get a better brand than Icetronix give (Tenzo R), that's for sure!

Did he say anything to you about fitting or...?

No i only asked him there/

cool so these are things i think ill do .lower springs.Fogs.then angel lights,then tinted windows the exhaust system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

cool so these are things i think ill do are: remove sunstrip, lower springs.Fogs.then angel lights,then tinted windows the exhaust system.

FYP :D

cool so these are things i think ill do .lower springs.Fogs.then angel lights,then tinted windows the exhaust system.

Trust me when I say the exhaust system Red Power sells is too loud...here it is on my EG Civic...sounded the exact same when I had it on my EK, which I swapped out for a Spoon backbox with a stainless steel straight-through system to the manifold behind it :D

I enjoyed the noise on both my cars...but got too loud and pissed me off way too much!

Get rid of your sunstrip too!

Awh man dont do the angel eye lights trust me darkened lights on yours would be sweet

Awh man dont do the angel eye lights trust me darkened lights on yours would be sweet

Really? how do i darken them i seen someone write about puting in oven?
    any ideas

• Advertisement

FYP :D

Is it realy that bad. does it not give car personality?

Kev got back he doesnt fit them but should be easy enought by looking at videos on youtube but how do i get true firewall?

Is it realy that bad. does it not give car personality?

Kev got back he doesnt fit them but should be easy enought by looking at videos on youtube but how do i get true firewall?

Sunstrips are never a good idea to be honest!

There's holes in the firewall...the part under the windscreen at the top of the engine where cables run through, just lash it into one of them and be prepared to go looking for the wire in the cabin :P

Fogs are easy enough plenty of walkthroughs online just take it handy and dont rush

As for the lights, same deal take your time heres a walkthrough to spray them, you can go darker with the spray but i prefer closer to OEM as possible.
    http://www.jimmmmmmmah.com/Install/Painting%20Headlights%20Housing.htm

Fogs are easy enough plenty of walkthroughs online just take it handy and dont rush

As for the lights, same deal take your time heres a walkthrough to spray them, you can go darker with the spray but i prefer closer to OEM as possible.
    http://www.jimmmmmmmah.com/Install/Painting%20Headlights%20Housing.htm

Have you done this before?

It's easy :D

Or else just buy darkened lights from MCG.

fogs or headlights??

Ive fit the fogs no bother but mine was allready wired so i used the old harness.

As for the Headlights, nope ive EK9 headlights, but ive another a set to do but i want to compound the lenses first before i take them apart, it looks really simple cant see where it could go wrong other than been given out to for putting car parts in the oven :D

Cool well im off for the night

Going to try darken them this weekend if it doesnt go well i can just buy them off mcg.

Kev is going to email me back tomaro to tell me what his got.exp fogs and lowering springs. so that should prob come to €300

then hopefully from there i can get tints,buckets,
    If any one knows were i can get good prices on anyting let me know would be very helpfull.

Signing out/:pac:

i still do not no what do do to car first any ideas?

spray the lights, its super easy super cheap and makes a HHHUUUGGGEEE difference then i would get the axleback then lower it simples, oh and id remove the visor but thats just whats id do if it was mine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

please god get rid of the sun strip. personally id get fogs and recaros.

Advertisement