Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camper Repairs

• 22-02-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I need to get some work done on my campervan and looking for some where in the west that will do it. Need to get bike rack, awining, and some roof damage fixed. I'm in the Galway area and dont want to travel to far to get it done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Rubygirl,
    We use a guy in Islandeady. Thats about 5 miles from Castlebar.
    Stan is his name, his website is www.campercaravanrepairs.com
    We alwats happy with his work. Tell him Kevin sent you.

Hope this helps,

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Hi RubyGirl,

Pat Horan Motorhomes http://www.pathoranmotors.com/ is just down past Portumna and is probably less than an hour from Galway city.

I got my van serviced there last year, and will likely head back again in the spring for some more minor maintenance stuff (the joys of campers!).

Handy to know about that lad in Castlebar also, thanks Kevin.

OB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aidan_M_M that posts here works in pat horans, so may be worth sending him a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Anyone have an idea how much a regular service on a 00 b544 Hymer costs, who does them down Cork direction ?
    Thanks..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

bogman wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea how much a regular service on a 00 b544 Hymer costs, who does them down Cork direction ?
    Thanks..........

Is it a habitation or a base vehicle, if base vehicle I always use Grandons in Glanmire (FIAT), Ray in customer service is well clued up on camper requirements.
    For habitation stuff there is a chap called Darren Butler, I think he trades as 'Happy Campers', who is fully certified to do all the gas checks.
    If you happen to be going up north Thompson Leisure are excellent at habitation work of all descriptions and their labour rate is very fair at £35 per hour plus VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Is Darren not closed up? I must give him a shout , we used to bounce ideas off each otherfairly regularly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Thank's guys, will head to Portumbla Monday so. (well hubby will:)

Advertisement