Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for a 50x70 print?

• 22-02-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a photograph that i'm gonna blow up and put in a frame I got from Ikea. The frame is 50x70 but I have googled and can't find anyone that would do a one off print of an image this size?

Anyone you know of anyone that would do it? I saw aldiprints.ie do 50x75 bu i'd much rather it be exact from the start without having to cut or edit the pic
    Online or bricks and mortar shop, I don't really care. I know a one off that size might cost a little but I don't mind paying for it since it's a project of mine I really wanna do. Already have the frame and I like it so size is finalised

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi

I have a photograph that i'm gonna blow up and put in a frame I got from Ikea. The frame is 50x70 but I have googled and can't find anyone that would do a one off print of an image this size?

Anyone you know of anyone that would do it? I saw aldiprints.ie do 50x75 bu i'd much rather it be exact from the start without having to cut or edit the pic
    Online or bricks and mortar shop, I don't really care. I know a one off that size might cost a little but I don't mind paying for it since it's a project of mine I really wanna do. Already have the frame and I like it so size is finalised

Thanks!

Inches???

With a print that size, it's going to be tricky to hang it properly. I don't imagine you could mount it in the usual style. Might have to bond it to some backing board or something. Steve at 360-dpi.com might be able to help you out, but I dunno if he can print that big. Based in Dun Laoighaire (sp?) I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Steve @ http://www.360-dpi.com/ should be able to print that size for you.A lot of people here use him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Sorry meant cm!! sorry!

Inches? You'd see that from space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Sorry meant cm!! sorry!

Inches? You'd see that from space!

Ah that's alright so, that's not so big! A billboard size photo in your living room sounds class though......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

stabo wrote: »
    Steve @ http://www.360-dpi.com/ should be able to print that size for you.A lot of people here use him.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I saw aldiprints.ie do 50x75 bu i'd much rather it be exact from the start !

Hey Hey,
    Why don't you resize the photo to a 50x70 and then just add a 5cm white border on one side. Once you get it back just cut that off, or hide it behind the mount (if there is mount in the frame you bought)?

Could be a cheaper way of getting around that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 greenleaf

Good thread, am in a simila situation looking to enlarge an image. Thanks for the infos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Can also vouch for Steve - I got a lovely A3 print of one of my photos before Christmas & the quality was excellent.

Advertisement