Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phase 4 relocation??

Options
  • 22-02-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

i got my letter from fas for phase 4 for the 4th of april, im living in dublin and they gave me galway/mayo it :eek:, my training adviser cant help me. anyone from galway get dublin and want to swap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I'm starting in Kevin St on the 4th of April but I'm from Dublin so not swapping. But just to share a story about how accomodating (:rolleyes:) FAS can be..

When I was called to phase 2 I was sent to Laughlinstown even though I live 10-20 minutes from Baldoyle, Finglas and Swords ing centres. At the same time another apprentice from my company who's from Wicklow was sent to Swords, do you think FAS would try and save the money they paid us in travelling costs by swapping us? Not a chance. "It's be too much hassle" they said.

Just letting ya know, but I hear Galway is great craic in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Just go with it man, I'm from Naas and I was sent to GMIT in galway for phase 4.
    Its a great town to go out in, great craic and the facilities are pretty good, I'd love to go back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

I live 2 mins for Waterford i.t they sent me to Kevin st. twice there is no talking sence to them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mcauto

yeah i wouldnt mind going but iv just signed a 12month contract on an apartment and it`ll be expencive paying for 2 places to live.

yeah iv heard a few storys like lads from waterford sent to sligo! u just couldnt make it up! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mcauto

well got changed in the end to it tallaght so happy ever after! :D

oh and if anyone ever has this problem u have to ring fas before u are told where u are going and demand a place near u, if u have recived ur letter just keep ringing them and annoying them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

In general just remember that if your request to be located near to you causes a wait for you to go into the next phase that will be your fault. If the request comes from you FAS will only pay the rate that you would be on if you had attended the phase in the location you were offered first, this rate difference will follow you through the even FAS phases.
    i.e if you are a forth year on site but about to attend phase 4 fas will only pay you forth year rate if they are the cause of the delay, whom ever causes the delay is usually responsible for the cost difference.

If you can't get an exchange during the same time period you might be best advised to just take the spot.

Advertisement