Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nice restaurant for a date in the city?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 11:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has some good restaurant ideas for a nice affordable meal for two in the city centre, say temple bar, around that sort of area.

Perhaps Italian cuisine but doesn't really matter, not too fussy about what type.

Would appreciate any ideas, looking for somewhere warm and cosy with a nice atmosphere where you can relax and hear each other talk and of course where the food is renowned.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

panama wrote: »
    warm and cosy with a nice atmosphere

Don't be surprised if you don't get hundreds of replies panama, but there are loads of romantic restaurant threads here. This place always comes up trumps. It's great value too.

www.porthouse.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Exchange Restaurant, Westin Hotel, Westmoreland St. Great food and an affordable early bird.

The Mint Bar is nice for a few beers/cocktails after but the bar is a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Was in Pacino's on Suffolk Street (Bottom of Grafton Street) the other night. Thought it was nice enough. It's an italian restaurant complete with italian waiters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

Hi there

Can recommend La Caverna, nice Italian on Fownes St (down the street leading to Temple Bar between the Central Bank and The Foggy Dew). Book a table in the basement which has kinda of a cellar feel to it with low lighting, cosy & romatic, but will be quiet prob during the week or at early bird time. Or just go for table at ground level which is much brighter and likely to be busier with more of a buzz during the off peak times.

Food is always good, staff pleasant and good early bird deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The Exchequer pub on Exchequer Street, food's really good, busy so nice vibe but can hear yourselves talk. Otherwise ground floor of Odessa can be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Kylemore Cafe on North Earl?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tails142 wrote: »
    Was in Pacino's on Suffolk Street (Bottom of Grafton Street) the other night. Thought it was nice enough. It's an italian restaurant complete with italian waiters :D

Didn't like Pachino's when I was there.
    Lahm wrote: »
    Kylemore Cafe on North Earl?

I don't think the food is renowned. :p

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't think the food is renowned. :p

Well.

Did you ever eat chips in there?

It's been a long time.
    Should I give the chips a go?

Yes. They are quite nice along with an ice cold coca-cola.

Sit by the window nearby the pr!ck with the stick. Watch auld ones as they sit down for a break beneath his lengthened schlong.

Or over by the O'Connell Window. Look out upon the spire. Feel the ice cold coca-cola trickle down your throat. It feels of metal - like the spire.

There is something poetic about the place. I used the toilets there once. It was like going below deck on a little boat in the middle of the ocean. It was pitch dark except for the small light coming from one of those shaving lights (those ones where you pull the chord).

When I opened the door I encountered an old man using a urinal. I decided to use the cubicle. As soon as I closed the door I was in darkness. It was quite eerie. You could hear the dripping of the water and the auld boy turing on the dryer to dry his hands. I exited the cubicle and he was gone.

I'll never forget that day.

• Advertisement

I'm sold. Not only will I go there, I will ensure to go there on every special occasion I celebrate.

I brought Mrs. crosstownk to Seagrass on Richmond St. South on Saturday. Great food and so reasonably priced. Highly recommended. They also have a BYO policy with wine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 overheard

Hi,

Maybe u've had the date by now but frankies or Luigi Malone's in Templebar, both Itailan style both fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Hi OP. I hope this doesn't deviate too much from your criteria but I've always found eating in Shanahan's (on The Green) very special and lovely http://www.shanahans.ie/

HoneyRyder wrote: »
    Hi OP. I hope this doesn't deviate too much from your criteria but I've always found eating in Shanahan's (on The Green) very special and lovely http://www.shanahans.ie/

Over rated and over priced but top class service and great steaks.

That said, it's a nice place with great food but I've had better food at more reasonable prices elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

mate surprise a bit ur future-to-be wife;) and prepare something in da house...belive me its worth of efforts and, if everything will be fine, u can expect little something in ur bedroom...so cost of taxi and hotel is in the pocket;)everyobys happy

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Acapulco on south great george's St is out of this world, very reasonable, scrumptious mexican food and wonderful atmosphere... Get deep fat fried ice cream for dessert :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

crosstownk wrote: »
    Over rated and over priced but top class service and great steaks.
    That said, it's a nice place with great food but I've had better food at more reasonable prices elsewhere.

I think when it comes to food, you get what you pay for. Wanna share where these better steaks are? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

there's a really nice restaurant opened on Capel St called Elixir. Its small and cosy and the owner is really friendly. It's the kind of place you can sit for hours. (I woudnt go if you're rushing to go to the cinema or anything). Really lovely food and very reasonable.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

xalot wrote: »
    there's a really nice restaurant opened on Capel St called Elixir. Its small and cosy and the owner is really friendly. It's the kind of place you can sit for hours. (I woudnt go if you're rushing to go to the cinema or anything). Really lovely food and very reasonable.

Actually really like the Italian place beside Elixir, it's fab!
    Also, you've Wolfes across the street which is great too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement