Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Aluminium??

• 22-02-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

looking for a sheet

1- 2cm thick

width 19"

lenght 43"

any ideas would be great

peter

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

peter05 wrote: »
    looking for a sheet

1- 2cm thick

width 19"

lenght 43"

any ideas would be great

peter

Heaton Buckley Steel Merchants or else Amari Aluminium Suppliers out in Fonthill,near Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

looking for a sheet

1- 2cm thick

width 19"

lenght 43"

any ideas would be great

peter

Er are you sure your thickness is cm and not mm? :confused:

Anyway you can buy full sheets 8' x 4' here though give them a ring and if they have some smaller stuff they will help you out. Will do small qty cash sales, etc.

Leslie Reynolds in Balycoolin

Antiquo wrote: »
    Er are you sure your thickness is cm and not mm? :confused:

Anyway you can buy full sheets 8' x 4' here though give them a ring and if they have some smaller stuff they will help you out. Will do small qty cash sales, etc.

Leslie Reynolds in Balycoolin

The OP is looking for aluminium and not steel.

Leslie Reynolds only sell stainless steel and not alloy.;)

Been out there many a time in the flesh.

paddy147 wrote: »
    The OP is looking for aluminium and not steel.

Leslie Reynolds only sell stainless steel and not alloy.;)

Been out there many a time in the flesh.

Hiya P me too an he gives me ally no prob you must be under age :D

Antiquo wrote: »
    Hiya P me too an he gives me ally no prob you must be under age :D

I asked he chap out there in the warehouse 3 weeks ago about alloy,and I was told that they only do stainless steel,I was out collecting a bag of 65mm 90 degree stainless steel pipe bends for a mate of mine.

So since when is Leslie Reynolds selling aluminium then??

• Advertisement

I asked he chap out there in the warehouse 3 weeks ago about alloy,and I was told that they only do stainless steel,I was out collecting a bag of 65mm 90 degree stainless steel pipe bends for a mate of mine.

So since when is Leslie Reynolds selling aluminium then??

I think I started getting flat sheet, five bar, equal angle, flats, etc. of them in 2008.

You talking about the same place in Ballycoolin out past what used to be Dolly Heffernans Pub, around the roundabout, down on the left at the back?

Give them a buzz unless they have stopped doing it but never heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greensout

well i run a small builders merchants we deliver anywhere in the republic (due to the current economic climate and lack of work...

we do stock aluminium sheets ( profiled and smooth) aswell as galvanised sheets and all roofing (kingspan) panels...

please contact me at
    Scoby landscaping and builders merchants
    enniscorthy
    wexford
    0871212083 - anytime day or night

also stock
    barkmulsh
    lawnseed
    groundcover
    railway sleepers
    fencing posts
    stud rails
    and all other landscaping materials

looking for a sheet

1- 2cm thick

width 19"

lenght 43"

any ideas would be great

peter

1-2 cm thick is like 10-20mm thick,are you aware of that,thats not a sheet,thats a aluminium blank or a slab

I think you mean 1-2mm thick.;)

Also please keep your measurements in metric and in meters or preferbly mm,as its easier when sizing and pricing your materials,especially when it comes to metal and alloy sheeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

Impact Metals in Cork and Dublin will have that and will cut to size from a sheet for you. They will only charge for the piece you want and not the full sheet.

I get pieces cut out of a 40mm sheet from often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

ok well call it a slab so:rolleyes: i am aware that i posted in cm it needs to hold a fair bit of weight on its surface about 15-20 kgs.

getting steel is far to heavy to even think about.

greenscout i shall give you a shout.

thanks for the help guys.

• Advertisement

ok well call it a slab so:rolleyes: i am aware that i posted in cm it needs to hold a fair bit of weight on its surface about 15-20 kgs.

getting steel is far to heavy to even think about.

greenscout i shall give you a shout.

thanks for the help guys.

Well if it is indeed a 1-2 cm (10-20mm thick) thick slab sheet you are after,then that will be Amari in Dublin.

Also,thats not something that you will cut through easily with your avergae hand saw or jig saw,you will need a heavy duty electric band saw,most likely with water cooling for a precise and clean cut.Or a heavy duty angle grinder and a very steady hand indeed.

Well if it is indeed a 1-2 cm (10-20mm thick) thick slab sheet you are after,then that will be Amari in Dublin.

Also,thats not something that you will cut through easily with your avergae hand saw or jig saw,you will need a heavy duty electric band saw,most likely with water cooling for a precise and clean cut.Or a heavy duty angle grinder and a very steady hand indeed.

thanks for bit of advice paddy ill keep it in mind it just need screw holes and a center hole.

should i be able to do this myself with a decent proper bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I hope you are aware a sheet of Aluminium 10mm/20mm thickness would be fairly costly.An alternative if it is exposed to the weather, would be to get a sheet of mild steel,and get it galvanised dipped.
    Might work out cheaper.

what kind of costly?

how much for the treated steel

Advertisement