Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Afternoon Walk C&C (12 photos)

• 23-02-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I took these to keep me occupied while out for a stroll yesterday. I just brought one lens to see how I got on, a Canon 50mm f1.4 (on a Canon 5D II). Apologies for the amount of pics. C&C welcome.

Cassiewalk-001.jpg

Cassiewalk-002.jpg

Cassiewalk-003.jpg

Cassiewalk-004.jpg

Cassiewalk-005.jpg

Cassiewalk-006.jpg

Cassiewalk-007.jpg

Cassiewalk-008.jpg

Cassiewalk-009.jpg

Cassiewalk-010.jpg

Cassiewalk-011.jpg

Cassiewalk-012.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Love them all. You dont post photos enough daycent, not nearly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Really like them, quality of lens and photographer show through. Excellent dof control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

+1 - lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Love them all. You dont post photos enough daycent, not nearly enough!

Thanks Rachel! I haven't taken many photos for fun lately. Being bogged down with messing around with websites and emails and other boring administration type stuff.....
    m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Really like them, quality of lens and photographer show through. Excellent dof control!

Thanks. The more distant dog ones were taken at f1.4. I was surprised when they came out sharp, the AI servo mode worked well there. Just don't ask me about the 5D II autofocus in low light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely shots Brian, feelgood shots :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Overall great shots but I suppose you want someone to find some faults with them... :p

Too many for c&c and too many similar ones diminish the strength that they obviously are.

1) Normally this is classed as a bad angle, yet there is something really appealing about this shot, the stillness and complete attention of the Dog perahps.

2) Unusual angle and framing and yeah I think it works.

3) Nice

4) 3 did the job

5) My fav and only the PP on the sky ruins it for me ( I like pictures to be as you see them and the sky here is too unnatural) love the DoF between owner and Dog.

6) too similar to 5, your PP also makes the pictures look somewhat like paintings, maybe a tad too much saturation..

7) Nice pic but again 5 did it.

8) ditto

9) this is where the extra saturation shines and ofc the DoF.

10) DoF wins!

11) Love thsi one, you can almost feel the softness of the cotton and the blur is dreamy.

12) Looks like a bra... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Thanks AR.

I get what you're saying about the sky in number 5, that's about the best I could manage with it.

And number 12............. not what I was going for but thanks for pointing it out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

3 & 5 are favs, class shots :)

Advertisement