Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG Recommendations

• 23-02-2011 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

I know these are as rare as snow in the desert and/or don't get the marketing many AAA titles got so I might have missed some?

Just finished playing Lost Odyssey tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is blue dragon worth picking up ?

Have played fables, fallouts and oblivion , risen but struggle to think of any other rpgs for the 360 maybe im just forgetting a few I might have played a few years back?

Any recommendations welcome, Is Arcadia : Gothica 4 any good? Haven't seen it the shops here anywhere :confused:

Edit: D'oh - just discovered I have Nier here ready to play :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

calex71 wrote: »
    I know these are as rare as snow in the desert and/or don't get the marketing many AAA titles got so I might have missed some?

Just finished playing Lost Odyssey tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is blue dragon worth picking up ?

Have played fables, fallouts and oblivion , risen but struggle to think of any other rpgs for the 360 maybe im just forgetting a few I might have played a few years back?

Any recommendations welcome, Is Arcadia : Gothica 4 any good? Haven't seen it the shops here anywhere :confused:

Edit: D'oh - just discovered I have Nier here ready to play :D

Seriously, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (€40 new including all the expansions and DLC) is what you want to play next! That'll give you 150+ hours of the very best RPG experience available on the 360 at the moment. Dragon Age 2 is out mid next month, demo just went up on Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thats one on my played list I'd totally forgotten about even after mentioning it in another thread earlier that inspired this one , didn't like the demo for 2 as much as i loved origins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I thought Sacred 2: Fallen Angel was ok, worth playing if you like RPG's imo.

EDIT: Didn't read your post properly.

Let me know if Nier is good, been thinking about buying it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Seriously, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (€40 new including all the expansions and DLC) is what you want to play next! That'll give you 150+ hours of the very best RPG experience available on the 360 at the moment. Dragon Age 2 is out mid next month, demo just went up on Live.
    €22.49

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/16436464/Dragon-Age-Origins-Ultimate-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=dragon+age&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Thats one on my played list I'd totally forgotten about even after mentioning it in another thread earlier that inspired this one , didn't like the demo for 2 as much as i loved origins :(

I wouldn't worry too much about that demo. I've played it a few times now and I've come to the conclusion that they've made that demo to appeal to a wider audience. It's a stripped down, linear demo to give a flavour of the game, not necessarily the full experience.

Combat system is certainly faster but essentially the same once you pause the action and issue commands. Tactics are the same (but dumbed down too for the demo), slightly different progression tree but it's essentially all there still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Blue Dragon was okay but not as good as Lost Odyssey. I'm by no means an achievemnt whore but it pissed me off that I put 40+ hrs into it, finished the game, and only got 30G!!!

Tales of Vesperia was by far my favourite JRPG on the 360. Eternal Sonata was quite good as well. Both can be picked up for next to nothing now.

Advertisement