Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrolling Typewriter Effect

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks, i have searched on the forum already but i haven't found exactly what i need. I am making a short video clip and i want to edit it.

I need to get a typewriter effect but the text will need to fill more than the screen, by that i mean it will need to scroll up to allow the conversation to continue. Is there an effect or a plug-in or some other piece of software that will allow me to do this later on or is there any other solution? Something free would be ideal but if not then something reasonable

Do anyone have any ideas on this?

I have Pinnacle Studio 11.0.0.5082 to put the clip together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

you mean the letters appear on screen one by one words one by one?

I would, if it was me, bring opacity to zero and fade in each letter. Then move the motion properties (x,y axes) of the clip so it looks like you are panning across the page.if you zoom in(scale up the footage) it gives you more room to pan across but you might lose quality if you zoom in too much.

This would be using adobe premiere.Youd have to understand what keyframes are.not too hard. Dont know about Pinnacle.

Personlaly I would use illustrator to make the words or letter on their own layers and vectors thusly so they dont lose quality when enlarged. Then bring the illustrator file into after effects. Thes apps are costly though unless you torrent download them, tut tut.

Check out this effect called KINETIC TYPOGRAPHY...http://vimeo.com/1271357

Advertisement