Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Clonmel

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Clonmel with my family next month and I'm looking for a decent, family friendly hotel in or near the town.
    Preferably one without a late night disco. A Leisure Centre would be great, but its not a deal breaker if there is none.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/clonmel/hotel.html

Plenty listed here. Personally I'd go with The Park Hotel or Minella. Both slightly out of town, both have leisure centres. Park is probably your best bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I checked out a few online, but I was hoping to get some local feedback.

What exactly do you want to know? Park is Clean,has nice bar,food is good. No disco. In a shopping complex of sorts. It has a gym and pool. Short spin into town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I haven't checked, but I think the Park might be cheaper then the Minella. But it's newer (about 5 years old).

Minella family room 2 adults, 2 kids under 12 €180.

Park-same thing €89.

Minella need serious reality check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

pooch90 wrote: »

Park-same thing €89.

:eek: And they're both 4 star hotels. That's some serious price difference.

More than twice the price. For what??? I know they have nice grounds and everything but not 99€ extra nice.
    Location of the Park is much more convenient for travellers and their website actually works. Minella's didn't work properly today at all.
    OP, go with the Park Hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

:eek: And they're both 4 star hotels. That's some serious price difference.

The Minella see's themselves as the posh hotel with people stuck up their.................

OP I would advise the park as was said its affordable, its clean and fairly modern it has the leisure centre and pool, nice bar and no late night disco usually. Although from time to time they host differant events like having brendan grace or the pearly whites or something on but i wouldnt be worrying about that. A taxi into town will cost approx €6/€7 from here.

Diff dont go know ahearns hotel - old needs a facelift and the main nightclub in town is joined onto it!

Fenneshy'S/larkins - well its not exactly what your looking for basically no facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'll be in Clonmel with my family next month and I'm looking for a decent, family friendly hotel in or near the town.
    Preferably one without a late night disco. A Leisure Centre would be great, but its not a deal breaker if there is none.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

As pooch90 ably points out, Clonmel Park Hotel is your best bet.

These prices are startling:
    pooch90 wrote: »

Park-same thing €89.

Fenneshy'S/larkins - well its not exactly what your looking for basically no facilities.

Stay away from these OP. They call themselves a Hotel but they're a B&B. Rooms will be too small and it's above a pub. Prices will be cheap enough though but doesn't match your criteria.

• Advertisement
Advertisement