Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A dignified exit...Boards...not real life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Wibbs, you're post alienates a lot of users who are viewers of this forum.

Wibbs, why should Malice not be allowed highlight something which is relevant to this thread, particularly when his(malice's) comment did nothing to compromise the confidentiality of the thread to which you refer.

There is nothing wrong with what Malice posted, whether I agree with it or not...and I think you're pandering to your preferred majority in your disingenuous comments.

And Wibbs you did not acknowledge the point of Malice's Post, you went for the populist(as you perceive it) jugular....it's not smart and reflects badly on you IMHO.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

stevejr wrote: »
    why should Malice not be allowed highlight something which is relevant to this thread.

What Malice posted had nothing to do with this thread, more to do with another Forum.

stevejr wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with what Malice posted.

I disagree, the mod forum is a private forum and as such Malice should not have brought up any discussion from there into Feedback.

OP, I'm trying hard to understand why you started this thread.
    IRL(In Real Life) Dignity for me equals saying the least when it matters most,..thereby making the best point...I just don't see the point in these threads

If you don't see the point, then why go out of your way to bring the matter up here, thus highlighting the threads you don't see the point of?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have cleaned up this thread and deleted some comments.

What goes on in a Private Forum is not up for discussion in Feedback.

stevejr
    I do not know what your issue is here. This kind of thing happens very rarely. Certainly, rarely enough for it to be a problem or cause any kind of concern.
    It's non issue in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Re the "I'm trying hard to understand what your issue is" replies: to be fair, Steve wrote lengthily explaining what his issues with this are.

Feedback isn't people's personal playground to host melodramatic goodbyes - such threads should be locked, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

People quit for a range of reasons, some times they get fed up of the politics or how the site is at the time and then later how they feel changes, or the site changes(this place can be very changeable) or they get badgered to loging in again by friends or to check up on firends it happens.

Sometimes feedback is the place for the last bit of feedback you want to give if the reason you are quitting the site is due to an issue. Some times it's the only way to be heard, take a stand and put your account where your opinions are.

There is more to the site then say AH and Soccer and I guess it's possible for a person's boards experience to be so isolated to a few forum and for their encounters on boards to be so casual that they don't get the way others forum bonds on the site and what it can mean when those are serverd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Dudess wrote: »

Feedback isn't people's personal playground to host melodramatic goodbyes - such threads should be locked, IMO.

Disagreed, it is feedback

If someone came on and said, "I'm leaving boards.ie forever, Dudess, you can have my cat and wibbs can have me PS3" then sure, lock away

But if someone is saying goodbye and wants to state how the site has treated them over their time here, and to acknowledge the people who they have interacted with, feedback is 100% the place for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It appears various posts have been deleted so I'll keep my response short. My original post was merely intended to show the various users who were saying they hadn't seen a goodbye thread that in fact there was one recently. I appreciate that private forum stuff is, as the name would suggest, private but given that I didn't mention any specifics I believed my post was okay.

Apologies for annoying/creating more work for people.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree with the idea that if there is feedback in the post then it has worth but a great number of them I consider simply either egotistical "I'm not happy and I want someone to pay attention to my unhappiness", but some contain genuine feedback.

Personally I find them a bit weird but if we were to ban everything that is weird, might as well shut the site hahah...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh yeah, I have to laugh at the whole "Boards, its not real life" line....

We have about a dozen "Boards Babies" who would beg to differ (when they are old enough to type!).....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

DeVore wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I have to laugh at the whole "Boards, its not real life" line....

We have about a dozen "Boards Babies" who would beg to differ (when they are old enough to type!).....

DeV.

yeah and how many of them are yours....?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Only a dozen id be suprised by that tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

RuggieBear wrote: »
    yeah and how many of them are yours....?:D

Or tbh, considered "legitimate" :D

Amp leaving was bestest :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Amp leaving was bestest :rolleyes:
    It certainly was.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think there should be more Goodbye threads. I miss all the fun ones.

Advertisement