Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSI setups

Options
  • 23-02-2011 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any experience with any ssi setups? (singe system image - cluster that's seen as one system).

I wanted to build one out of two decent machines to use a regular terminal server for a large group of users. I had my eye on openssi or openvms. Haven't had a chance to try set up some servers with either of them yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

ya i built one or two as part of a college project, but that was over 4 years ago. The linux clustering technologies are a lot more imressive now. I specifically went with LTSP, which is now integrated with Ubuntu. I also made a hetrogenous LTSP cluster, which is really cool, adds your terminals to the cluster. Mine barely worked, but it was a half arsed attempt :o

You're more then welcome to all my "research" if you want it! :pac:

Advertisement