Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I mod my Nintendo DS?

• 23-02-2011 5:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys :)
    Only have a very limited knowledge of how to mod my DS. I know it requires an R4 card and an mirco sd card. Thats all I know.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me how to do it? or link me to a decent tutorial? ... i tried google. All I seem to get is the stuff required but not the actual process.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Ye don’t really mod your ds a such, you buy a card, acekard 2i seems to be the best. Format the sd card with sd formatter, copy the firmware (which can be downloaded from the cards website) then copy the games on to the sd card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You obviously didn't try Google with any semi-decent search because how to do this is all over the internet. GBAtemp.net is the best place to find some tutorials.

You don't mod the DS, you use a cartridge (R4, AceKard etc) and that cartridge takes a memory card (microSD). Then you put the operating system files on the microSD card (grab them from the cartridge manufacturer's website) and whatever else using your PC, put the card into the flash card (cartridge) and put it in the DS, voila - working flash card.

Why do you have two Boards.ie accounts? I don't particularly like sockpuppet accounts, never know who I'm dealing with :confused:

There are folks who'll sell you the cards IRL but they'll charge a premium for it. I know of no bricks & mortar store that'll sell them though. Your best bet is to buy online, from an official reseller listed on the manufacturers site.

The top card out there at the minute for the basic features is the Acekard 2i - it comes with the brilliant AKAIO software that's frequently updated and widely supported. Stay away from the R4, far too many clones of it out there under different names with different software and even software for one clone that'll brick any other card you put it on ..horrible choice if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

thanks touchingvirus.

Sorry,
    bro had account logged in. posted with that account not realising. using shared pc at home. I'll get him to delete that post. Dont want people getting confused.

**edit**
    i see one here ....
    is that a good price?
    & that card is only used for the DSi right? (i have an original DS)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

That card will work for all of the DS family, probably a bit more expensive than the average for that card, which is a good card by the way.

• Advertisement

Too expensive if you ask me. The card can be bought for $15 USD (about €11) on Gamekool. A 4GB or 8GB card can be bought for about €10 from DealExtreme, ebay, mymemory.co.uk etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

+1 for GameKool. Bought 3 Acekard 2i's from them and one was faulty but was replaced with no hassle. Would use again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Advertisement