Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountants Fees for Personal Property Based accounts - A rip Off ?!?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

A ( hopefully ) simple questions:

I now live abroad and have 2, registered with PRTB properties, my only income at home. How much would I expect to pay an accountant for lodging a tax return on my behalf.

All receipts and statements in hand.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Less than €100 I would expect, if you have everything in order, receipts etc, it is very little work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I have been quoted E500 !!

I have had my personal taxes done here for 99 AUD.

I am believeing that Rip Off Ireland is alive and well !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Perhaps you should look for more quotes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Perhaps you should look for more quotes.....

I sure am !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We pay about €600 for them to do our tax return :eek: Just hand over whatever receipts we have, they get the insurance, mtge interest figures etc... would love a contact for someone who will charge less. Dublin based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Peterpower

!There isn't much involved for a Paye worker with just investment property to return, especially if you have all receipts at hand.
    I charge €250 but I can see why a firm can charge €500 (premises, overheads,staff etc).
    Also the smaller guys like myself don't charge VAT as being a PAYE worker (Chartered Accountant) I have yet to exceed the threshold.
    I have investment properties myself so I make it my business to keep up to date - whoever you go for make sure they have the experience or it'll cost you in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Sand Wedge

Peterpower wrote: »
    !There isn't much involved for a Paye worker with just investment property to return, especially if you have all receipts at hand.
    I charge €250 but I can see why a firm can charge €500 (premises, overheads,staff etc).
    Also the smaller guys like myself don't charge VAT as being a PAYE worker (Chartered Accountant) I have yet to exceed the threshold.
    I have investment properties myself so I make it my business to keep up to date - whoever you go for make sure they have the experience or it'll cost you in the long run

Do you have a practising cert and your own TAIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

€500 is not a rip off. Yes it is if the client drops in all the information in one go, doesn't ask questions, is already registered for income, doesn't want to know about associated information such as NPPR, PRTB, BER etc.

Also add to that the possibility of Revenue queries, information on double tax relief, the fact that the accountancy firm needs to pay professional imdemnity insurance etc.

If none of the above are relevant, fair enough, but that is NEVER THE CASE!!!!

(also remember that you pay peanuts, you get monkeys)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Peterpower wrote: »
    What is the threshold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

My sister says in England the going price for that is £ 100 to £ 200 stg. She has a small property there.

500 euro here is a rip off , for so little work.

shop around here + bargain hard, the same as you would for anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement