Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great Ireland Run 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    Don't worry, you won't look out of place on the red line Luas wearing a tracksuit and runners :pac:
    Well, you will if the tracksuit and runners are relatively clean :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

G-Money wrote: »
    Did you guys just take the Luas then in wearing your gear and all or what?

Your race pack contains a bag with your number on it, and there's a bag drop there (sorted by number). So you can wear some clothes over your gear, put them in the bag when you get to the race, and put them on again after the race.
    You will want clothes for after the race anyway, because you'll start to feel cold quite soon (and it might be raining, or very windy, on the day).

Usual bag drop rules apply - they're pretty safe, but don't leave anything in there that you'd really miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

anyone still waiting on their packs in the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Yeah, Im waiting on mine and im living in dublin. I sent them an email tonight giving my details. I know I got it late last year but not this late.
    I'll be really annoyed if i dont get one, this race is costly enough like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah still waiting. Not too bothered as my entry was free but was planning on giving HM pace a bash in this race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I got mine on Thursday. It appears to have been posted in the UK so that might explain delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Mine arrived on Friday. I was a bit surprised to see them posted from the UK but it didn't really make much difference I suppose. Although I did get mine a few days later that others on this thread based in Dublin, so I wouldn't worry yet if I were you.

Ah I was getting a bit worried, it should come this week then touch wood. In the 45 - 47 mins starting wave myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Havent got mine yet either. Not worried though.
    My daughter got her's though for the junior run. Anybody else got anybody else running in the junior event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm, My club entered me into the national 10k, does anyone know what way the numbers and packs work for that, or do we even get packs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmm, My club entered me into the national 10k, does anyone know what way the numbers and packs work for that, or do we even get packs?

I'm entered in this too. Some club members have received their numbers in the post already. No sign of anything here, postman has gone already. Starting to get slightly worried now.

Anyone else STILL waiting on numbers?

They say to email info@greatrun.org if you don't have it by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

they say that the last of them have been posted out and you should have it by wednesday at latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Received my race pack in the post last week. But now I'm not sure if I can run this race. Did some damage to my feet a few weeks back on a rowing machine, causing some pain, and then ran the St. Patricks Festival 5K 2 days later. Next day I couldn't walk!

Anyway, I've not run at all since 20th March... and although I feel back to 90% now; I'm worried that if I run 10K I'm going to end up in bits again!!!

Must see how I feel later this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

paulb79 wrote: »
    they say that the last of them have been posted out and you should have it by wednesday at latest
    jesus Wednesday will be cuttin it slim !, hope mine is at home when i get there .

I'm in the orange wave. How did that happen? :confused: Oh well, front of the pack bar the club runners so that'll do. Hope the cough clears so I can race it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

I'm in the orange wave. How did that happen? :confused: Oh well, front of the pack bar the club runners so that'll do. Hope the cough clears so I can race it...
    See you at the front then:D

Don't worry about the cough - it's a 10k, you're supposed to cough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Online entries close tomorrow at 9am. I missed the AAI closing date so have to pay €8 stupidity / procastination tax.....grrr

annieee wrote: »
    I'm entered in this too. Some club members have received their numbers in the post already. No sign of anything here, postman has gone already. Starting to get slightly worried now.

Anyone else STILL waiting on numbers?

I emailed them and they can tell from your details you send them if it has been sent yet. They told me mine is on its way but if I dont receive it to go to the pickup point in Blanch.

• Advertisement

rasher_m wrote: »
    I emailed them and they can tell from your details you send them if it has been sent yet. They told me mine is on its way but if I dont receive it to go to the pickup point in Blanch.

Nothing in the post again this morning so I've e-mailed them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

I got mine in the post yesterday!

Bit scared now!:eek:

Rang them today , turns out i wasnt registered with all the problems ive been havin with club membership , anyway sorted ,however have to pick pack up on sunday there so will prob have to get up even earlier than i expected ! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Seres wrote: »
    Rang them today , turns out i wasnt registered with all the problems ive been havin with club membership , anyway sorted ,however have to pick pack up on sunday there so will prob have to get up even earlier than i expected ! :(

who did you ring AAI or GI?

who did you ring AAI or GI?

AAI , why ? im reigstered for the Nat 10k

Seres wrote: »
    AAI , why ? im reigstered for the Nat 10k

just wondering. Haven't received my number yet. Registered through AAI. Will ring them tomorrow if there is no sign of my number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I would expect AAI registrations should go to your competition secretary - I'll see what I can find out tonight.

just wondering. Haven't received my number yet. Registered through AAI. Will ring them tomorrow if there is no sign of my number

better chance if you mail francis mc crean ,francesnicreamoinn@athleticsireland.ie , can be hard to get them on the phone especially close to a competition , just give your name/club/member no , if you know it and title the mail Nat 10k

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I would expect AAI registrations should go to your competition secretary - I'll see what I can find out tonight.

unfortunately i act as my own senior club secretary , im the only senior member in the club !

Nat 10k numbers should be received by tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

Whats the starting time pls?

eoin ryan wrote: »

1pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

1300 info here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It says 13:00 but it have never started before 13:25.
    From my Polar HRM records:
    2010: 13:30
    2009: 13:25
    2008: 13:27
    2007: 13:27

TV coverage starts at 13:00. They interview some of the elite women athletes so that race cannot start at 13:00 as advertised. They generally have a 10 min gap between the elite women's race and the main race, not 5 mins as advertised.

The late start is to encourage people to assemble before the race starts. The race series doesn't wait - we've all seen people making their way to the start line as runners are a mile into the race.

Just as an FYI - our club numbers are arriving centrally, today is the expectation to person who entered the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone may be able to help me, entry is now closed but i have promised to run this with someone, dont want to let them down, any ideas on how i can get registered before Sunday, dont mind having to pick up my pack before hand if needs be.

Or is there anyone out there registered but cant run, who i could buy their pack from them?

Thanks, any help appreciated,

Online entries are now closed but late entries will be available at Lifestyle Sports in Blanchardstown Fashion Retail Park, Unit 425, Dublin 15:
    12:00 - 21:00 Thursday 7 April
    12:00 - 19:00 Friday 8 April
    The late entry fee is 30 euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Thanks RayCun

I ran 9km on saturday night in 50 mins
    tonight i ran 9.5km in 57 mins
    how did i lose so much time, i thought i was running at the same pace, my legs were much more tired at the end tonight as well.
    im raging as the race is on sunday and was thinking i could finish in 56 mins ;((
    Now i'll be lucky to finish under 60mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

rasher_m wrote: »
    I ran 9km on saturday night in 50 mins
    tonight i ran 9.5km in 57 mins
    how did i lose so much time, i thought i was running at the same pace, my legs were much more tired at the end tonight as well.
    im raging as the race is on sunday and was thinking i could finish in 56 mins ;((
    Now i'll be lucky to finish under 60mins

Don't run every training run as a time trial - run easy on your next few training runs this week and you'll be grand on Sunday.

still no sign of the number today, i emailed the organizers and got an automated reply suggesting i go to blanchardstown to get the number, has anyone arranged or tried to arrange to pick up their number on sunday morning?

There will be an AAI check in desk for any National 10k runners who didn't receive their numbers.

• Advertisement

still no sign of the number today, i emailed the organizers and got an automated reply suggesting i go to blanchardstown to get the number, has anyone arranged or tried to arrange to pick up their number on sunday morning?

I don't think there is any facility for number collection on the Sunday, but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

There will be an AAI check in desk for any National 10k runners who didn't receive their numbers.

Were is the checkin desk?

update just got this via email

The AAI Check-in/Registration Desk will be open from 10am on Sunday morning and will be located in the Registration Area adjacent to the Finish line. Any changes to teams or number issues should be brought to the attention of the AAI representatives at Check-In on Sunday. No Late Entries will be accepted on the day. Late Entries that were received in the office after Wednesday 30th March can collect their race packs at the AAI Check-In/Registration Desk on Sunday Morning. The Elite Women and AAI Women’s 10k Championship Race will start at 1:00pm sharp. The Elite Men, AAI Men’s 10k Championship Race, and the Masses will start at approximately 1:10pm

The number came today, I spoke too soon :)

The number came today, I spoke too soon :)

Lucky you, still none here. Seems a lot of club members haven't received theirs yet. Might be a 'collect on the day' job, I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

id say the AAI desk will be busy on Sunday, dont know if anyone got the right numbers??!

Elite fields up on the GIR site, some runners there! , wonder will they all show ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

RayCun wrote: »
    Online entries are now closed but late entries will be available at Lifestyle Sports in Blanchardstown Fashion Retail Park, Unit 425, Dublin 15:
    12:00 - 21:00 Thursday 7 April
    12:00 - 19:00 Friday 8 April
    The late entry fee is 30 euros

I got similar advice last year and thinking it was just a matter of going there and entering, I left it til the afternoon of the second day only to be told that they had reached the limit (an hour beforehand) and would accept no further entries. It wouldn't have been that hard for me to have got there the day before but I didn't think there was any urgency. There was no mention of a limit in the email from I got from GIR.

brutes1 wrote: »
    id say the AAI desk will be busy on Sunday, dont know if anyone got the right numbers??!

Elite fields up on the GIR site, some runners there! , wonder will they all show ..

didn't get mine and just got an email from AAI advising me to pick up number morning of race from the tent!

didn't get mine and just got an email from AAI advising me to pick up number morning of race from the tent!
    just saw my email too , its might not be too busy ! bout 500 people took part in the Nat 10k last year , hopefully they have gotten at least half of the entries correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Anyone around for a few refreshments after the race? Possibly Ryans on Parkgate Street?

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »
    Anyone around for a few refreshments after the race? Possibly Ryans on Parkgate Street?

The hole in the wall is usually buzzing after the race

Advertisement