Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtictel, calling Ireland from China

Options
  • 23-02-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought Celtictel credit and trying to call Ireland from China, not having any joy.
    List of numbers here http://www.celtictel.com/access.asp but the ones from China are not working.

Trying to dial from a hotel, to dial out is 09 + number.

These are the numbers I've tried.
    China North 108007121778
    China North 108007140945

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Do you have access to a headset? I use Voipstunt, and I think it's bloody great. :) Use it to call my family, call quality is usually the same as a good Skype call.

http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its quite possible that the hotel is blocking such calls - they don't want to lose their mark-up. Internet cafes / call centres are likely to have similar blocks.

Have you tried it from a pay phone in the street or other phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Victor wrote: »
    Its quite possible that the hotel is blocking such calls - they don't want to lose their mark-up. Internet cafes / call centres are likely to have similar blocks.

Have you tried it from a pay phone in the street or other phone?

I've tried from a work phone and got the same message.

I'll try a payphone on the street to see.

I don't have a headset to use skype type calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭simonsez

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

Bought Celtictel credit and trying to call Ireland from China, not having any joy.
    List of numbers here http://www.celtictel.com/access.asp but the ones from China are not working.

Trying to dial from a hotel, to dial out is 09 + number.

These are the numbers I've tried.
    China North 108007121778
    China North 108007140945

Any ideas?

have you heard of skype?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^Hope Neilw sorted this by now. simonsez please don't necro some 1year+ old thread without good reason :pac:

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ^Hope Neilw sorted this by now. simonsez please don't necro some 1year+ old thread without good reason :pac:

apologies not sure what necro means . had a brain fart i meant say use qq the chinese version of skype its great for uploading and communicating too

Ye qq is very popular among chinese community. It is especially very handy since you can make a group easily.

necro as in reviving some old thread. sorry for the geek term!

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Ye qq is very popular among chinese community. It is especially very handy since you can make a group easily.

necro as in reviving some old thread. sorry for the geek term!

enlightened am i in the ways of the thread. I use it meself and tbh have found it to be more reliable than skype. there is an international option for English speaking, german and french users and a built in translator too. which is better geek or nerd?

haha when talking among guys i use 'nerd' while with the ladies i will use the 'geek' lightly.

I am sure the information in the thread may be useful for some boardsie come across. Thank you and keep contributing to our little china forum :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement