Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice needed

Options
  • 23-02-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

hi there.
    first off my thoughts and prayers with everyone in christchurch at the moment. truly awful whats after happening there and my heart goes out to them.

now to my post. my sister and i are both working full time at the moment,myself(sales assistant) and my sister(dental nurse). we are completely and utterly fed up and want to take off for a year or so to do some travelling and casual work aswell. we had initally wanted to go to australia(my sister was there for 6 months on WHV few years ago,i have never been there,so it was my first choice. unfortunately my sister cant get another WHV as she never did seasonal work when she was there. so our next choice is new zealand. we have both been there few years back and absoltuely loved it,one of the nicest countries in the world without doubt! we were thinking of maybe trying to get some casual work in nz for few months if possible and then going to australia for 3 months just to travel and see some of the country. i know that isnt really long enough but dont think i could fund a longer trip without working aswell. just wondering if anyone has any advice on maybe length of time to spend in each country or even what they would do. even if anyone has left there jobs to go travelling(stupid idea or not?)just looking for some thoughts on it

sorry for all the spelling mistakes,i started the post on a whim,but now im rushing cause have to go work. haha

thanks guys!

Advertisement