Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Presidents/Gaisce Award

• 23-02-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My school doesn't do Transition Year, so we never got the chance to do the Gaisce/Presidents award.

I'm in 6th year now and I want to try the Gold Award.

Does anyone know if it costs much to complete?
    Do the skills/sports that you do have to be in a club. ie for sports can you train yourself for the Dublin City Marathon?

Does the 52 weeks have to be completed together. As in can I skip 3 weeks and make up for it if I go on vacation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Hey,
    i did the bronze one...... but am you have to start with the bronze and work the way up. once you have that completed you can then do the silver etc.

when we did it you could if it was a week or two...... but that was slightly less serious than the gold one. The gold one is checked piece by piece i.e. who ever you got to sign off on your accomplishments will be rung up and asked!

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Wrong you can just start on gold if you want . It doesnt cost that much to do it maybe like 10 euro or something but im not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Thanks,

And do you know if the trips end up costing much, the residential and they activity trip (walking across a part of europe etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Advertisement