Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Exploits - Official & Custom Firmware

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

kc66 wrote: »
    I've been using that feature for a long time. I think it turns off the controller after 5 mins. Great for saving battery.

Yeah, I've been using it since it was added as an update ages ago. What's the difference with the new update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah, I've been using it since it was added as an update ages ago. What's the difference with the new update?

You can change it from 5 mins to 6 mins, or whatever other time you see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

And 3.60 slams the door on homebrew - no more loaders or faffing around, just a new lv0.2 that's been signed with the new secure key.

Bad news for modders :(

Edit: I know 3.56 didn't allow homebrew but that was a minor change, the removal of actual loaders is a big step.

And 3.60 slams the door on homebrew - no more loaders or faffing around, just a new lv0.2 that's been signed with the new secure key.

Bad news for modders :(

Edit: I know 3.56 didn't allow homebrew but that was a minor change, the removal of actual loaders is a big step.

Yep, it's back to square one. I see form reports team Rebug has released a 3.60 spoofer that's allowing PSN access. Too early to tell if its the real deal though, as PSN is always much more 'open' after a firmware release. Hopefully it'll be killed, I really can't stand another round of evil hacker debates.

Also, 3.56 to my knowledge doesn't allow homebrew due to the new whitelist, what makes you say it does? 3.56 slammed the door, 3.60 is turning the key closed.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Also, 3.56 to my knowledge doesn't allow homebrew due to the new whitelist, what makes you say it does? 3.56 slammed the door, 3.60 is turning the key closed.

I may have worded my edit badly, but I didn't say 3.56 could run homebrew :P I effectively said your last sentence, but without being so dramatic :D

• Advertisement

I may have worded my edit badly, but I didn't say 3.56 could run homebrew :P I effectively said your last sentence, but without being so dramatic :D

Ugh, my brain made "I know 3.56 did'nt allow homebrew" read like "I didn't know 3.56..."

Moment of dyslexia over, normal duties can be resumed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Y 3.56 slammed the door, 3.60 is turning the key closed.
    wonder would Mathieulh now release the info he has on 3.56 metldr exploit in this case ? ...if he's not bull ****ting, surely it might be handy now in the hands of the community

would be no logical reason to hold back now, if 3.60 + as i understand it doesn't use metldr anymore ?

iPwnage wrote: »
    wonder would Mathieulh now release the info he has on 3.56 metldr exploit in this case ? ...if he's not bull ****ting, surely it might be handy now in the hands of the community

would be no logical reason to hold back now, if 3.60 + as i understand it doesn't use metldr anymore ?

Depends, he's terrified of being a bold boy so I doubt he'll release anything. If his exploit could possibly gain control of LV0.2 then for sure we won't see it. If not, he'll still be hoping for the job at Sony.

Besides, with the exploit out in the public, there'd be no influx of requests to massage his ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DanTheMan1

about time, i thought this should have been standard feature, with a sleep timer in ps3 controller, thats one feature i liked on the xbox and you did not have to configure it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Installed the Rebug PSN 3.60 Spoofer last night and can access Vidzone again now :-)

• Advertisement

A well respected developer who goes by the name drizzt, just tweeted a chat log belonging to Mathieulh. In the log, assuming that it’s true (or genuine), Mathieulh says that he has codes running on firmware v3.60; but added that he’ll keep it to himself. Ouch!

Update: Mathieulh just tweeted a video of custom firmware v3.60 running on the PS3. This video was made by winocm, which he says, “here’s that 3.60 hack that’ll never be released.”

3.60 jailbroken, looks legit !!

eta vid is gone !! **insert conspiracy theory** it was the real deal anyway, i saw it with me own eye's !! the vid had a ps3 running 3.60, he showed it, he went on to show the new cloud saving feature in the xmb, which is a 3.60 thing, he had his package installer on the xmb, and he installed a signed .pkg,

it was the real deal,

try this mirrored vid

Deadly hurling!

3.60 jailbroken, looks legit !!

eta vid is gone !! **insert conspiracy theory** it was the real deal anyway, i saw it with me own eye's !! the vid had a ps3 running 3.60, he showed it, he went on to show the new cloud saving feature in the xmb, which is a 3.60 thing, he had his package installer on the xmb, and he installed a signed .pkg,

it was the real deal,

try this mirrored vid

Looks legit to me, its actually better demo'd than the very first usb hack vids. As to the point of releasing videos, I don't see it generating anything other than n00b worship...but then, maybe thats what it was designed to do?

Does it even need to be released? No, I can't think of a single reason why this is needed. I'm delighted they've found an exploit, but keeping it to themselves is wise for the foreseeable future, full functionality is still retained on 3.55, & it will only tip their hand to Sony.

I say keep it hush until there's something to be gained form it.

Edit - Seems there's certain people saying this is a debug console, due to the fact there's some ip message or something at the start of the video. I havn't seen Mathieulh's video, but I find it very difficult to believe he'd be in possession of debug fw 3.60, unless he has a contact or something. He also doesn't strike me as the bullsh1tting type, from looking at the other vids, I'd say the exploit is real. Unless debug FW3.60 is floating about in small dev circles, but most of them are mature enough not to create hoax vids.

a long Mathieulh irc chat log from yesterday, if ya like long boring nosy insight to irc nerdiness :D

http://gaia.psfree.net/logs/extract.log.html

a long Mathieulh irc chat log from yesterday, if ya like long boring nosy insight to irc nerdiness :D

http://gaia.psfree.net/logs/extract.log.html

I killed it after the first line tbh, the ego's of some of those lads beggar belief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Have just read through the whole log.... My heads bursting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Showtime Media Player for PS3 Released

Anyone tried this yet?I installed it but all the tv channels are in danish or swedish.Looks like it may have great potential.Anyone know of a way to get english channels on it?

Showtime Media Player for PS3 Released

Anyone tried this yet?I installed it but all the tv channels are in danish or swedish.Looks like it may have great potential.Anyone know of a way to get english channels on it?

I posted about it in the general ps3 thread, and as its not firmware related we can discuss it on that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I posted about it in the general ps3 thread, and as its not firmware related we can discuss it on that thread.
    sorry missed that.

built my own cfw, details!

im sure most are happy with what they have ! its on my github if anyone fancy's a cleaner xmb interface !
    3.55 btw

• Advertisement

Well done mate!

built my own cfw, details!

im sure most are happy with what they have ! its on my github if anyone fancy's a cleaner xmb interface !
    3.55 btw

Sorry but we can't link to CFW.

Fair dues though :)

what was wrong with the link EN, i didnt link to it, just detailed it ?? like you have detailed the cfw's in first post ?

it was a link to pastie, rather then me fill the page here with details, there was no link to cfw !

what was wrong with the link EN, i didnt link to it, just detailed it ?? like you have detailed the cfw's in first post ?

Em, the download button beside the detailing?

Em, the download button beside the detailing?

lol that was to download the pastie, I have not linked to the cfw ! i know the rules !

lets go again !!

Details... :D

lol that was to download the pastie, I have not linked to the cfw ! i know the rules !

Lol really? My mistake so...I just clicked it & it initiated a download & figured it was the CFW. I'll reinstate the link now :)

Edit - You've made a new link so I'll just leave that one be. Cheers

no bother bud, cheers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

lets go again !!

Details... :D

Have you since removed it? Would have been interested in giving it a whirl. Checked your github, but no sign.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Have you since removed it? Would have been interested in giving it a whirl. Checked your github, but no sign.

i have, didnt want to risk anything, uploading a .pup that isnt mine, isnt a bright idea,...

but... I've built a v2, with the updated framework tools available,

patched self/sprx to playstation.net/com/org sony.com/jp, bitwallet.co.jp, qriocity.jp, trendmicro.com, allmusic.com, intertrust.com, marlin-drm.com, marlin-tmo.com, oasis-open.org, octopus-drm.com
    ideal for leaving your ps3 connected to your network for streaming and not having to worry about anything

system 3.60 spoofing

unwanted icons

but it aint fully working yet, the icons are still showing !! :confused:

anyone can do this, i'm no bigtime hacker, there's a gui availableto do this, its just tick the boxes on what you want done, input a path to a unmodified .pup, set your output destination, and build !!

dont know if i can link to it tho, (although there are tons of lnks on how to cfw a psp)

although it is dmca compliant, but mods remove if thats not good enough for us here on the emerald isle ?
    Today we are proud to present our second official release, PS3MFW Builder v0.2. Just as the previous release, v0.2 is intended for firmwares 3.10 and above. Extensive testing of the framework and tasks has been successful with all versions above 3.10, the majority of tasks are also successful below 3.10. PS3MFW Builder v0.2 contains many new features that further improve usability. For this new version, PS3MFW Builder and the tasks have been moved to seperate repositories on git-hacks.com. Builder 0.2 adds new functions to aid in the creation of tasks, with 2 bug fixes. For programmers, the new core offers more flexibility for tasks and allows to manipulate the user interface better.

Furthermore, several exciting new tasks have been created. The most interesting one is a new privacy patch, which keeps PS3 from sending personally identifiable information to many configurable domain names: After jailbreak became available for PS3, reverse engineers discovered that the PS3 collects a multitude of personal information without your knowledge, such as such as your TV model, a list of all usb devices (including product IDs) you ever plugged into your PS3, usage statistics, which games and media you play and more.

The Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) specifically allows for consumers to circumvent technological protection measures in order to protect their privacy. Even though there was little doubt concerning the legality of PS3MFW Builder before because it in itself does not circumvent any technological protection measures, this new feature makes using it inside the USA fully DMCA compliant.

Additionally, PS3MFW Builder v0.2 allows for several new customizations, including a firmware version spoofer, a way to edit the look and sound of the boot sequence by inserting your own coldboot files, and a task to replace the default “Airbush” XMB theme. Now it can also create modified firmwares that can be installed on PS3s with broken Blu-Ray drives as well as create firmwares that can convert demo (kiosk/shop) units into regular retail PS3s! A bug that prevented USB storage devices from being shown under Game Data Utility was fixed.

The new PS3MFW Builder v0.2 and tasks can be found at www.git-hacks.com/ps3mfw

• Advertisement

Is there a way to run the payload for Kmeaw firmware automatically instead of what I'm reading which says it must be run every time you boot the console?

Advertisement