Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork gone down the tubes?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Im just calling it as i see it though.:pac:I apologise for the west brit remark i though you were one of those english soccer team loving nancy boy's.:pac:My final point i think Cork is okay by irish and british standards but the nicest city i ever set foot in was Basel in Switzerland you wouldn't find a scobe there if you tried.:pac: (If you're to give me a city that's safer than Cork give me a proper one for the love of god not places like Galway and Sligo etc.)

Fair enough, and I understand what your saying, but I was just making the point that there is no need to repeat yourself in every single post.

Hugs xxxxxxxxx
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

blah wrote: »
    I'm a moving to Cork in a month, never lived there before, looking forward to it! :rolleyes:

Its a grand city, Dont mind half the rubbish on this thread, You wont get any hassle off anyone here as long as you dont bother them. Recently there has been a increase in junkies/alcos/addicts straying out of their usual areas so make sure you have a car alarm/or steering lock, Most of these junkies will only ask for a euro or so but ignore them and walk on, They really only do stupid petty things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I'll let my elderly nan know that she needs to grow a pair of balls. 'Seriously nan, like man up will ya! Where are your balls?'

yep you do exactly that. the world shouldnt have to move to the beat of a few daft old people and their prejudices against a handful of harmless youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I always thought Cork was grand. Never felt too unsafe in the city, day or night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And despite all this talk of junkies, I've barely seen any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Dudess wrote: »
    And despite all this talk of junkies, I've barely seen any.

Ah sure that talk only suit's people's agendas.There has always been begrudgers who always try there best to find fault's with Cork or are so crippled by inferiority complexes that they try there best not to like this fair city.Sure if anyone doesn't like it here they know where they can go.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I don't think Cork has a very visible problem with junkies. I'm not saying there isn't a drug problem in Cork, just that it's not in your face. My first day living in Dublin I saw a guy thrown in a doorway on Abbey Street with a needle hanging out of his arm. Saw a lot of similar kind of things up there. I've never witnessed anything like that in Cork.

If people want to see a city with a drug problem they should visit Vancouver. There are whole sections of the East side of downtown that are just no go areas because of the concentrations of drug users. You can't go for a drink in town any night of the week without being continuously hassled for money by people out of their minds on heroin or crystal meth.

Advertisement