Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom commslink system - boost wirleless signal

Options
  • 23-02-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi,

We have the eircom commslink system installed in our business. We have another part of the business that is in another building but the wireless signal will not reach here and is needed. Installing a CAT5 cable to this building is a possibility but very unlikely due to the need to dig up quite a lot of cement across the yard.

Is there anything avail to boost the signal on this system. There is no physical connection in the back where I can install an antenna. Even the netopia routers have an antenna

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

We have the eircom commslink system installed in our business. We have another part of the business that is in another building but the wireless signal will not reach here and is needed. Installing a CAT5 cable to this building is a possibility but very unlikely due to the need to dig up quite a lot of cement across the yard.

Is there anything avail to boost the signal on this system. There is no physical connection in the back where I can install an antenna. Even the netopia routers have an antenna

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi TheWaterboy
    I will have to speak to the eircom business system techs who should be familiar with your commslink and hope to have some info for you Thursday.
    Can you PM me the main bus line no. Also..
    How many devices are connecting? Are these connecting through a telephone system?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Thanks Tony - PM Sent

Thanks Tony - PM Sent
    Yep have recieved your details Waterboy.
    Should have some info by end of day .
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Hi Tony - Any update on this issue

Hi Tony - Any update on this issue

Hi TheWaterBoy
    your local EBS tech was unable to suggest any option to boast this efficently without the Cat5 cable. Did try to contact you on line provided but was unable. Could you DM me a good contact no?
    Could you also give me an idea of the distance involved and if you wish to boost just Broadband or broadband and phone?
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement