Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International pre-paid Visa/Mastercard?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

My brother has been living and working abroad for years. He has never had a credit card, mainly because he never really stays long enough in any one country to get set up properly with banking etc. Currently he is working in Vietnam.

He has an Irish bank account which has nothing in it, and hasn't been used in the last number of years.He has a well paying job, but his money gets moved from bank to bank/country to country as he moves.

Obviously it is unlikely that he would get a credit card from any institution, but is anyone aware of an international pre-paid Visa/Mastercard that might be available?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

How about O2's new 'money card' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

My brother has been living and working abroad for years. He has never had a credit card, mainly because he never really stays long enough in any one country to get set up properly with banking etc. Currently he is working in Vietnam.

He has an Irish bank account which has nothing in it, and hasn't been used in the last number of years.He has a well paying job, but his money gets moved from bank to bank/country to country as he moves.

Obviously it is unlikely that he would get a credit card from any institution, but is anyone aware of an international pre-paid Visa/Mastercard that might be available?

Thanks guys
    I just put it into Google and loads of options came up, the O2 money card being top of the pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah I just picked up the o2 card yesterday for a trip to the US. I was concerned about the chip and pin lack in America but the o2 card has a magnetic strip for swiping and signing. When I get back i'll update the forum as to how good it was working, but for other people who may search in the future!

Also have to say the o2 customer care by email answering a question was really fast and the girl in the shop was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Paypal
    Entropay
    Neteller
    Moneybookers

All have prepaid cards. All have chip and pin.

Advertisement